Iowa State Uniform Discussions

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Save the money, Mizzou, and maybe build a stadium that doesn't look like a high school field. What an embarrassing venue. All that SEC money, and they plan in THAT?!
Whenever I accidentally turn on a Mizzou game I feel like I'm sitting in the second row, that camera angle is parallel with the field.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Whenever I accidentally turn on a Mizzou game I feel like I'm sitting in the second row, that camera angle is parallel with the field.
It is literally like watching a high school game on TV. I've actually seen high school games on TV that look better from a viewing standpoint. Is it just really small? No press box? I just don't get it. I can't seem to remember what watching their games was like when they were in the Big 12, but assume it has always been t his way?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Save the money, Mizzou, and maybe build a stadium that doesn't look like a high school field. What an embarrassing venue. All that SEC money, and they plan in THAT?!
Haha. I'm not sure if they want to replace all the "white" rocks!
A1 MizzouStadium1.jpg

Mizzou has had a bunch of proposals for more stadium renovations. I think this is where they are now, as of about 2019. Here, a night pic, shows the new south end zone renovation.
A1 MizzouMemorialStadium2FaurotField.jpg

I like what we did, are doing at Trice, much better! In fact, Missouri is still working on renovating / using the equivalent of Clyde Williams Field.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Haha. I'm not sure if they want to replace all the "white" rocks!
View attachment 104535

Mizzou has had a bunch of proposals for more stadium renovations. I think this is where they are now, as of about 2019. Here, a night pic, shows the new south end zone renovation.
View attachment 104536

I like what we did, are doing at Trice, much better! In fact, Missouri is still working on renovating / using the equivalent of Clyde Williams Field.
I assumed it had to be an older stadium, but did not realize just how old. 1926 according to a Google Search. What was more surprising to me was that it seats 62,000. I would never have guessed based on photos/seeing it on TV.

I'd have to think it's one of the oldest stadiums being actively used in CFB, without looking. Perhaps my criticism was harsh, but still, one would think with the SEC money flowing in they might just scrap the old stadium and build some new state of the art facility instead.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Those pics of Mizzou remind me why I hate the new lights in Hilton, can't see the crowd.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I assumed it had to be an older stadium, but did not realize just how old. 1926 according to a Google Search. What was more surprising to me was that it seats 62,000. I would never have guessed based on photos/seeing it on TV.

I'd have to think it's one of the oldest stadiums being actively used in CFB, without looking. Perhaps my criticism was harsh, but still, one would think with the SEC money flowing in they might just scrap the old stadium and build some new state of the art facility instead.
They'll have more money than they know what to do with fairly soon. With the renovations over the years, it is far bigger than Clyde Williams for sure.

This is what they wound up doing, completed south end zone in 2019. See about the 2:00 min. mark.

Here are some interesting stadium re-builds / renovations, and costs. Missouri's is the last one here, and that pictured plan is not what they went with. It's an old article, 2014.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

26th oldest in use in D1.

61,620 current capacity

record attendance 75,298 on Oct. 4, 1980 vs Penn St.

Currently the oldest is Bobby Dodd Stadium at GA Tech originally built in 1913.

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021
IMO - Washington's new "home" uniforms are SHARP - great looking game against GB yesterday

Love the gold/yellow shoes - maybe the only improvement for both of those uniforms would be sock stripes...

Screen-Shot-2022-10-23-at-6.06.37-PM-1344x951.png

(edit - embedded the photo)

• Disagree
Reactions: Sigmapolis