Iowa State Daily: Knott Out Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Really frustrated that this article was published when it was clear that the team did not want people to know about it, at least yet. Yet again the daily doesn't think through an article before publishing it.

Interesting that the Daily did not even know if the injury was the same shoulder. Did they not follow him around campus this week for their report?

L

LincolnWay187

wait wait wait...Jake Knott playing or Jake not playing. See what I did there?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, did the ISD have guts and journalistic integrity in running the story? If so, then what does that say about every other media outlet?

Or did the other media outlets have guts and journalistic integrity in not running the story? If so, then what does that say about ISD?

These are the two options.

Nothing in the Ames Tribune or Des Moines Register this morning about Knott. Not a mention.

Journalistic integrity? Or Not? No pun intended.

Hopefully, we get a Ben Bruns-on-Chizik-type-blog after the season that explains what was really going on this week.

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I think it is pretty obvious, at the very least, that something is wrong with Jake's shoulder. What that is, or what the prognosis is, is yet to be seen. My assumption is if Jake was a Junior, it would be pretty easy to play the season out and be ready for spring ball. Since he is a Senior, he has a February NFL combine to worry about.

With everything that has come out in the past 12 hours, Id be surprised if Jake doesn't play tonight.

cyingreen

Nov 13, 2006
Jasper County
Sucks for Jake big time. As tough and competitive as he is, I can only feebly imagine the mental anguish he must be going thru. On that score, I hope the stories of him being finished are overblown and it would be great to see him out there this evening. On the other hand, he is such a talented young man, you don't wish him further injury that might jeaprodize his pro career. So, maybe it is time to see what Miller can do.

Reactions: IcSyU

cycloneace55

Nov 22, 2006
Gardena, CA
I for one would like to thank Jake Knott for the dedication, effort, and passion in which he has represented ISU. He has helped elevate the expectations of the program and be an example to all those who follow as a Cyclone football player. I am sad to see him not able to finish his senior season, but his health comes first and foremost regardless if he plays on Sundays or not. Thank you Jake Knott, you are a shining example of an ISU Cyclone. I wish you nothing but luck in your future endeavors.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
He was listed as a starter. Also, the team would've put out a press release if a high profile player was not playing. This is bad journalism by the Daily. They suck.

As others have said there is no chance the team would have released this info. Its just how Rhoads is.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Nothing in the Ames Tribune or Des Moines Register this morning about Knott. Not a mention.

Journalistic integrity? Or Not? No pun intended.

Hopefully, we get a Ben Bruns-on-Chizik-type-blog after the season that explains what was really going on this week.

Iowa State football: Will Jake Knott play? | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

Actually the rag did acknowledge the rumors at least on line.

Jake Knott is a tough sumbi!!! so I can't imagine what it would keep him off the field

Last edited:

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Great reporting by the Iowa State Daily. Maybe they should stick to praising Gene Chizik and other inconsequential items. At least we know not to trust their sources in the football program now.

PlanoClone

Mar 27, 2009
Ankeny, IA
DMR today shows pictures of Knott after the game with captions along the lines of Knott leaving JTS field for the last time, and shows one picture of him getting emotional with a family member.

He said after the game that he'll just see what tomorrow brings and go from there. Hope I'm wrong but we might have seen him in uniform for the last time. WARRIOR!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If Knott says to the reporter that he'll "just see what tomorrow brings and go from there," then how can it be good journalism to have captions about him leaving the field for the last time?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How about some acknowledgement of John Walters who was completely vindicated as the only member of the media to speak about the Knott situation based on what they knew (rather than unnamed sources)? I admit, I thought he was "spinning" the story and probably shouldn't have said anything, but it turns out that he was giving the 100%, straightforward truth.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
truey.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.