IOWA STATE CROWD LAST NIGHT

blood94

May 10, 2010
I was wondering for people who were there how was cyclone nation represented?? it sounded on the tv like it was very pro ISU and loud.

Great game ISU finally put two halves together and beat a very good ND team. best state of the night
ONLY 6 TURNOVERS

GO CYCLONES!!!!! put a whooping on ohio state

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I agree. Sure the OSU crowd was pro State, but that ISU crowd could be heard loud and proud on TV doing chants.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
As pro-ISU as the crowd was last night, the opposite will be true tomorrow. More like Auburn Hills was in 2000 than Hilton East.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
ISU fans seemed to be loud and plenty on TV, but really, any ND fan that was there didn't have much to get loud about...

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Ohio State fans were definitely cheering for ISU. The ones that I talked to were really complimentary of ISU and fairly worried about them toward the end of the game. It seemed liked they started out cheering for ISU, then started getting worried when they saw our up-tempo offense. At the end of the game, it was all ISU fans. A lot of us worked our way down closer to the court, so that helped with the sound I'm sure.

I thought the band actually did an excellent job in helping make noise (without using instruments).

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Was OSU really rooting for ISU? I would much rather play ND than us if I were them.
indiana fans were rooting for notre dame and there were a bunch of hoosiers there. Osu watched quietly and many cheered for notre dame. Only folks making noise for Iowa State were Iowas State fans (and one nc state fan. There will be a lot of indiana fans there sunday too vs. OSU they may root for us. It will be a sea of red!

Last edited:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
indiana fans were rooting for notre dame and there were a bunch of hoosiers there. Osu watched quietly and many cheered for notre dame. Only folks making noise for Iowa State were Iowas State fans (and one nc state fan. There will be a lot of indiana fans there sunday too vs. OSU they may root for us. It will be a sea of red!

I absolutely, 100 percent disagree with this. At least where I was sitting. OSU fans were very supportive of ISU. And having lived in Indiana for so long, I know a lot of IU fans hate Notre Dame. I'm sure some cheered for them, but I wouldn't say a lot did. I do think a lot of IU fans will cheer for OSU Sunday, though, with the conference affiliation.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
We definitely outnumbered ND fans. The OSU fans I was sitting next to were all very pleasant and were cheering for Iowa State, albeit quietly.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
Surprisingly, I thought the ISU crowd was much much bigger than the ND crowd. It was definitely fun to see so many Cyclones in attendance.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Were there more Indiana fans there all day? I kind of wonder if there won't be a ton of Ohio State fans.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
For those of you that were there:
For most of the first half someone (presumably a ND fan) was blowing some sort of horn that made an extremely annoying noise every time ISU had the ball. I didn't hear it in the second half at all. Did it get taken away or did the ND fans lose hope by that point?

mbbone

Jan 4, 2010
I absolutely, 100 percent disagree with this. At least where I was sitting. OSU fans were very supportive of ISU. And having lived in Indiana for so long, I know a lot of IU fans hate Notre Dame. I'm sure some cheered for them, but I wouldn't say a lot did. I do think a lot of IU fans will cheer for OSU Sunday, though, with the conference affiliation.

Where I was sitting, all the OSU fans were cheering for Notre Dame or were neutral at best. seems like it was a mixed bag.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
For most of the first half someone (presumably a ND fan) was blowing some sort of horn that made an extremely annoying noise every time ISU had the ball. I didn't hear it in the second half at all. Did it get taken away or did the ND fans lose hope by that point?

Maybe it's because I might have been on the opposite side of the arena, but I didn't hear anything in either half.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

I didn't hear anything either. Maybe it was right next to a CBS mic, so it sounded louder than it really was? Outside of the first 10 minutes, everything Notre Dame was deathly quiet. Even the ND cheerleaders quit caring.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Notre Dame didn't play Ohio State in football for years because of anti-Catholic bigotry; lots of hate between the two. Michigan had a coach who got teams to blackball ND, part of why ND started playing on the west coast. That history with Michigan and Ohio State is why I am convinced ND would never join Big 10 in any way. IU fans will hate ND more than Ohio State.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
I was wondering for people who were there how was cyclone nation represented?? it sounded on the tv like it was very pro ISU and loud.

Great game ISU finally put two halves together and beat a very good ND team. best state of the night
ONLY 6 TURNOVERS

GO CYCLONES!!!!! put a whooping on ohio state

I have a friend who was at the game he said ISU fans out numbered ND fans 10 - 1.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines

That was the ND band yelling a deep horn sound.