Iowa is going to win the Big 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yeah, because Matt Thomas is better than Marble. Not even debatable.

White could definitely start for ISU, although he's more interchangeable with the guys ISU has at the 3/4 than he is clearly better. Niang and Ejim are pretty damn good, too.

But seriously, picture for a moment a lineup that goes like this:

PG-Kane
SG-Marble
SF-White/Niang/Ejim
PF-White/Niang/Ejim
C-Hogue

Even if you only added White and Marble to ISU's roster, that's a HEAVY Final Four favorite.

You obviously know next to nothing about basketball if you think Hogue is a center. So you've kinda lost all credibility there already.

Marble would EASILY start at ISU. White would have a decent chance IMO. I'd probably go with....

Kane
Marble
White
Niang
Ejim

Now that would be one good team right there.

And yes, Iowa's schedule is easier than ISU's IMO. There are some really bad teams in the Big 10. And that includes even Indiana this year. They've fallen off the face of the Earth.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Well, Iowa's best win to date (@tOSU) seems to be looking worse and worse all the time. Down 9 at the half to the bugeaters.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
According to Vegas and anybody who isn't talking out of their ***, it's closer to 4 than 10.

That's a 4 point advantage compared to a neutral court, which would make it an 8 point swing when the home court advantage goes from one team to the other.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Mine is a simple formula. I was told ISU was better than Iowa last year. Since Iowa beat ISU by 9, then home court advantage must equal 10 points as it would have taken 10 more points for ISU to win that game.

Home court advantage = 10

All I heard last year was 80-71 so I don't think it really matters what the spread is.

Marble would start at the 1 or 2 for us opposite Kane. Anybody who wants to be honest about it admits white/ejim is essentially a push.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
That's a 4 point advantage compared to a neutral court, which would make it an 8 point swing when the home court advantage goes from one team to the other.

Yeah, which would mean a team would need to be 4 points better than the other team to win on the road, not 8.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Oh, I thought we were just tossing out worst case scenarios.

I don't see Iowa beating Michigan this week or Michigan State in Carver. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see them split @ Illinois and @northwestern / Michigan and Ohio State in Carver.

I'm just not sold on Iowa yet. Thought they were for real after Ohio State, but Ohio State is looking more and more overrated by the minute (they are the Baylor of the Big Ten).

Iowa could very well prove me wrong, but that Ohio State game has seemed to erase the memory of the way Iowa had lost their three games in the mind of a lot of people.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I don't see Iowa beating Michigan this week or Michigan State in Carver. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see them split @ Illinois and @northwestern / Michigan and Ohio State in Carver.

I'm just not sold on Iowa yet. Thought they were for real after Ohio State, but Ohio State is looking more and more overrated by the minute (they are the Baylor of the Big Ten).

Iowa could very well prove me wrong, but that Ohio State game has seemed to erase the memory of the way Iowa had lost their three games in the mind of a lot of people.

I guess that depends on how good you think Iowa State is right? If you think ISU is a good team, Iowa gave them all they could handle on their own home court.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I guess that depends on how good you think Iowa State is right? If you think ISU is a good team, Iowa gave them all they could handle on their own home court.

That is easily Iowa State's best win, and Iowa literally ****** that game down their leg. That has been a pattern in all their loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron