Iowa Iowa State on TV (FSN)

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
This game definitely got lost in the memory bank. Everyone remembers the 02 comeback but I think this one is right up there in intensity.

As a fan in the stands that game I would probably put this one as intense, if not slightly more, than last year's game just because both teams had so much on the line.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
This game definitely got lost in the memory bank. Everyone remembers the 02 comeback but I think this one is right up there in intensity.

As a fan in the stands that game I would probably put this one as intense, if not slightly more, than last year's game just because both teams had so much on the line.

Agreed. Part of me wishes we'd play this game at the end of the season every year.

Not very practical in many ways. But it was a little extra sweet that this game was hyped all season and both teams had tons on the line.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Agreed. Part of me wishes we'd play this game at the end of the season every year.

Not very practical in many ways. But it was a little extra sweet that this game was hyped all season and both teams had tons on the line.

I forgot to add one thing. This was the year before I came to Iowa State and I had tickets in the Iowa section. Bought them from an Iowa season ticket holder.

It was PRICELESS watching them look like they got punched in the stomach on Runk's interception (coming up shortly).

Even better was watching them hop the wall onto the hillsides and slip and fall going up because of how wet it was that day.

KCy

Jul 20, 2008
Kansas City
Adam Runk. Sweet. He wouldn't have been given a chance for any other big 12 team. Looking back, there are a lot of players that wouldn't have smelled the field on another team.

RIP Haywood

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Adam Runk. Sweet. He wouldn't have been given a chance for any other big 12 team. Looking back, there are a lot of players that wouldn't have smelled the field on another team.

RIP Haywood

And Iowa had a ton of NFL talent on the field.

Bob Sanders, Kampan, Galler... nevermind about that one.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Isn't it funny how ridiculous the players look in their bulky pads? It's amazing how much equipment changes in a few years.

Help Support Us

Become a patron