Iowa Football Recruiting

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It wasn’t just Iowa fans…
Again with a subject that just doesn't matter. He's gone and why or how are completely irrelevant.

Let's face it, you're a complete tool and somehow by the grace of God err mods you're still here.

I'm an A hole, but I'm still here. I think that's because I never go looking for a fight i just tend to not know when to move on.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Again with a subject that just doesn't matter. He's gone and why or how are completely irrelevant.

Let's face it, you're a complete tool and somehow by the grace of God err mods you're still here.

I'm an A hole, but I'm still here. I think that's because I never go looking for a fight i just tend to not know when to move on.
Im not the one bringing it up again jackass.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Why is it that the Iowa fans and administrators are always threatening lawsuits whenever they get their precious little feelings hurt?

Locker room gate, band gate, and now this? What a sad bunch.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Why is it that the Iowa fans and administrators are always threatening lawsuits whenever they get their precious little feelings hurt?

They will probably figure the courthouse is a good place to meet their AD or football coaching staff since they spend a fair amount of time there.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009

Well they do have a law school. They're a litigious bunch for sure.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It was mentioned a few times on this board. Nothing at all confirmed.
Wait, is this CyTwins speculating that Nwankpa got paid? I don't see how there could be a case there. Message board fans routinely say things like that when they lose a recruit. Its been happening for decades. I dont care if he DID get paid...it's legal now anyway. Pretty thin skinned to sue over something like that given he wasn't really drug through the mud by any means and there's no NCAA investigation or anything. To me, that's a pretty big waste of money going to lawyers.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Wait, is this CyTwins speculating that Nwankpa got paid? I don't see how there could be a case there. Message board fans routinely say things like that when they lose a recruit. Its been happening for decades. I dont care if he DID get paid...it's legal now anyway. Pretty thin skinned to sue over something like that given he wasn't really drug through the mud by any means and there's no NCAA investigation or anything. To me, that's a pretty big waste of money going to lawyers.
IIRC he was outright saying he was getting paid under the table, not through NIL avenues. Speculation is fair game IMO but when you're claiming stuff like that, which is potentially illegal, as fact I could see people having a problem with that.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
IIRC he was outright saying he was getting paid under the table, not through NIL avenues. Speculation is fair game IMO but when you're claiming stuff like that, which is potentially illegal, as fact I could see people having a problem with that.
Oh, I could see them having a problem with it. But suing? Message board posters have been claiming guys have been getting paid since the first college message boards. If it were someone actually running a site or a reporter, then I could see a potential legal case. But an anonymous message board poster? That would set quite the precedent.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Oh, I could see them having a problem with it. But suing? Message board posters have been claiming guys have been getting paid since the first college message boards. If it were someone actually running a site or a reporter, then I could see a potential legal case. But an anonymous message board poster? That would set quite the precedent.
Let’s try and avoid rehashing this yet again…

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If they can win a suit over that, I should have a hell of a case against the poster that keeps posting that I’m a pedo, and all those Hawkeye boards that let him do that.

• Disagree
Reactions: Halincandenza