Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I get that. I just find it hard to believe he’s going to get more balls at Purdue not even knowing the playbook. He very well might. Purdue did lose their top 2 receivers from last year.

I think that's overstating things a little. Brock Purdy showed up at ISU in June and was starting by game 5. And that's a TRFR QB. At WR, a route tree is a route tree. Probably different terminology and you gotta remember the plays, but if you've been running a college playbook for 4 years, I can't imagine it would be that difficult to pick it up. I mean, no one here is saying that Milton isn't going to be able to pick up Sark's playbook by next fall. We more have doubts that he's good enough to see snaps there.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA

generally not one to care too much about what iowa is doing but this seems pretty major. Didn't think much of his official visit list since he's been to IC a lot but this is different.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA

probably NIL related based on the schools he's looking at now. Pretty sure he had OU in his final schools at one point as well don't see them involved now either (can't remember if that was before/after Riley leaving)

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Proctor tweeted his official visits and Arky St is getting one. Wow.

I didn't think much of the official visit thing since he's visited Iowa before multiple times

The Southeast Polk QB is going to Arky St maybe he's just going there for fun or something idk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I didn't think much of the official visit thing since he's visited Iowa before multiple times

The Southeast Polk QB is going to Arky St maybe he's just going there for fun or something idk
I'd atleast burn the official on a warm weather trip. The U is handing out crazy money.

Reactions: BCClone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I genuinely believed Proctor was a lock for Iowa, doesn't look that way anymore.
Might not. Can't blame the guy when he has all the blue bloods coming for him, he owes nothing to Iowa. Just hope he does what's best for him, didn't work out very well for Pierschbacher in terms of his NFL career.

Reactions: ISUcyclones11

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Might not. Can't blame the guy when he has all the blue bloods coming for him, he owes nothing to Iowa. Just hope he does what's best for him, didn't work out very well for Pierschbacher in terms of his NFL career.
Whatever happened to Ross?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'd atleast burn the official on a warm weather trip. The U is handing out crazy money.
Yeah, don’t waste an official on an instate school, you can do those yourself very easily. Do the official ones to farther away ones. Not sure why the coaches are unfollowing him unless they have been told iowa is out or they are over reacting and shooting themselves in the foot.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Whatever happened to Ross?
Amazing college career, started at Bama 4 years, All SEC, won CFP national titles. Drafted in the 5th, practice squad, waived, picked up, practice squad, waived, picked up, practice squad. Currently Jets practice squad.

• Informative
Reactions: fcclone

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Amazing college career, started at Bama 4 years, All SEC, won CFP national titles. Drafted in the 5th, practice squad, waived, picked up, practice squad, waived, picked up, practice squad. Currently Jets practice squad.
I lost track of him after Alabama.