Iowa Football Recruiting

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think it’s more of Iowa has just done it longer where it’s a little more wait and see with Campbell to some people. I am not one of those, I think Campbell is a really good coach. The issue is finding the developable players only gets you so far. At some point you have to land the more premium talent to go to the next level.
Wait and see lol

DunkeyFeller

May 22, 2022
You don’t seem like a guy who follows recruiting that closely but these guys are committed in May. I imagine the vast majority were committable. This isn’t a case of like a Patterson, the RB that Iowa took last year, who had like 20 offers but none of those teams even invited him to an official visit by mid-August.
The same Jaziun Patterson that needed only 75 attempts to reach 1300 yards last year? In the highest class in Florida?

Cunningham didn’t have a committable Minnesota offer, Smith didn’t have a committable Kentucky offer.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
The same Jaziun Patterson that needed only 75 attempts to reach 1300 yards last year? In the highest class in Florida?

Cunningham didn’t have a committable Minnesota offer, Smith didn’t have a committable Kentucky offer.

Yes. That Patterson. I would love to hear your explanation of how you know that last sentence. Please enlighten us. Did a lot of things change the week after Kentucky offered Smith before he committed to ISU? Lol

Reactions: Cycl0nepower

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We need to get some kind of welcome gift for these new fellas.
6hgfqt.jpg

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I will say that a lot of Patterson's offers didn't seem to be committable at the time he committed to Iowa. Off the top of my head, I would have said the same for Scates that went to ISU as a highly rated recruit a few years ago. A lot of teams backed off of Scates because of grade issues and a lot of teams backed off of Patterson because he seemed to lose his explosiveness when he gained weight during the COVID year.

Last year seemed like Patterson was more focused on football and gained his explosiveness back. Guess we will see how he pans out.

• Creative
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Iowa just lost a 2022 signee in Olando Trader. Seems like a decent loss. 6'1" 185# CB that runs a sub 11 second 100 meter. I wonder if he ends up at Michigan or Michigan State?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Iowa just lost a 2022 signee in Olando Trader. Seems like a decent loss. 6'1" 185# CB that runs a sub 11 second 100 meter. I wonder if he ends up at Michigan or Michigan State?

Considering the timing, I am wondering if it is an eligibility issue?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yeah I think people use it for the big East in basketball too
This. P6 is used in basketball to give credit to the old Big East schools that don't have a football program, or at least an FBS program. Villanova and UCONN are the only schools in the Big East that actually have football, I believe, but St Johns, Seton Hall, Georgetown, DePaul, Providence, and maybe Marquette were all basketball members of the old Big East, which was a pretty dominant basketball conference in its day. Creighton, Butler, and Xavier are former mid majors that elevated their status to join the new Big East once its public universities/schools with football programs moved on.

I'll just add that I have not and would not use P6 ever, in football.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 7Got6

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021

Seems like a decent prospect but they signed 5 db prospects last cycle. Hall, Nwankpa and Etringer all are seemingly more highly regarded.

It will be interesting to see where he lands though.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Seems like a decent prospect but they signed 5 db prospects last cycle. Hall, Nwankpa and Etringer all are seemingly more highly regarded.

It will be interesting to see where he lands though.
I'd take him in Ames.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron