Iowa Football Recruiting

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
I know I'd very very excited if he came back if I was an Iowa fan. But I also come from the point of if you're that highly regarded its time to go.
He'll go way before a guy like Breece Hall, and Breece not coming back is the right move.

I would agree that linderbaum needs to cash the check, but it’s not fair to compare a lineman with a running back. The running back needs to go if there’s a chance they will be drafted. Goodson is a late round pick but he left early.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I would agree that linderbaum needs to cash the check, but it’s not fair to compare a lineman with a running back. The running back needs to go if there’s a chance they will be drafted. Goodson is a late round pick but he left early.
Well the Goodson's have also hired an ex NFL player to talk up their son...

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Same as Hockenson, bet he was conflicted, but in the end it was the only move to make. Have never loved watching a center more in my life. When he was a freshman and pancaked Lima five yards into the end zone on a QB sneak, I knew he was special.

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
That guy is one of the better blockers you'll ever see, he's going to be all pro before he's done.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
That guy is one of the better blockers you'll ever see, he's going to be all pro before he's done.

If I had to bet I would say you are correct, but so much goes into having a successful pro career that it is hard to predict.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Is it me, or is this entire board so much better than it was a month ago?
It’s weird. Someone needs to start an argument between Goodson and Hall while solely looking at ypc against top 30 defenses.

• Haha
Reactions: iahawks

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Same as Hockenson, bet he was conflicted, but in the end it was the only move to make. Have never loved watching a center more in my life. When he was a freshman and pancaked Lima five yards into the end zone on a QB sneak, I knew he was special.

Conflicted about what? Guy is smart. Knows Iowa is never going to contend for anything. Why risk injury? Same old vanilla Kirk as he will always be, we all know that. Nothing is going to change. He knows the QB situation is awful. Why continue to block for one of the worst P5 QBs and OCs in 2021?

giphy.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kakert just said IA's looking at running backs and offered one in the portal.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
He will be the greatest NFL lineman of all time. He is the equivalent to Centers as Brady is to QBs. Somebody please alert Canton to start making his bust and sew his gold jacket.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron