Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa has had as many starting qbs drafted in the last three years than the total number of all ISU players in the last seven drafts.
That's depressing. However if us Iowa State fans are going to talk s*** about Iowa's lack of NBA guys, then we should be able to take the s*** back pertaining to the NFL draft. Lol

IaTexan

Mar 21, 2020
Unfortunate
Who has committed that has 0 other offers?
Unfortunately, most of the current commits have no other P5 offers. You can brag about his recruiting, but I think CMC is having a real problem recruiting this year. If he doesn’t get Bollers there’s a real concern with his recruiting.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

I will tell you exactly what happened with Twedt, and I know for a fact you could ask him and he would tell you. ISU offered after his Sophomore year but he committed much sooner than the staff expected. The staff wasn’t sold on his junior year film, however they would have accepted his commitment out of respect for him and his family. When the period that you could contact class of 2021 recruits came ISU had no intention of actually spending resources or time recruiting him. He didn’t appreciate that obviously and decommitted from ISU and committed to Iowa who was actually actively recruiting him. So he didn’t actually get his scholly pulled by Campbell, they would have taken him with the expectation of getting nothing more than a special teams player out of him.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Honestly, I think its some of that, the stability factor, and the play style. Iowa teaches strong fundamentals.
Iowa has had good QB's over the past few years that all play in a pro-style offense and throughout their careers have had above average to good seasons. None have been world beaters but they all fit a mold of QB the NFL is looking for.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Jeremiah George
giphy.gif

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Iowa has had good QB's over the past few years that all play in a pro-style offense and throughout their careers have had above average to good seasons. None have been world beaters but they all fit a mold of QB the NFL is looking for.
I’d sign up for riding an NFL bench for a few years. Great gig

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We'll see how the pro style lasts though. A lot of teams are looking at the Chiefs and Ravens with mobile QBs, and I'll admit when I'm wrong-I didn't think Murray/Kliff would make it, but they've had a solid off season with what I thought was a decent first year.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
6 good players. You guys really screwed up the Texas thing that year though
Don't think that's the right year, you must be thinking about 2017 with Epenesa, Wiffs, Stone, etc. I think they ended up doing pretty well that year.

Looking back on those Texas recruts
Eno Benjamin - Ended up a 7th rd pick, pretty good RB. Would have been nice.
Chevin Calloway - Bounced from Arkansas to SMU, looks like he's barely playing for them. I'll live.
Gavin Holmes - Has a total of 133 yards through 3 seasons, mostly injured. I'll live.
Beau Corrales - Played quite a bit for UNC, nothing spectacular. Would make a nice backup to Smith.

Those Texas guys sure don't look all that impressive looking back. Eno would have been nice to have and feel bad for the kid missing out playing for the school he really wanted to. Just didn't work out.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nobody from ISU ever contacted him to tell him he didn’t have an offer. I know for a fact they would have reluctantly accepted his commitment.

They made him pay for football tickets to go to a game. Sorry if the kid couldn't figure out what was going on lol