Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Don't think that's the right year, you must be thinking about 2017 with Epenesa, Wiffs, Stone, etc. I think they ended up doing pretty well that year.

Looking back on those Texas recruts
Eno Benjamin - Ended up a 7th rd pick, pretty good RB. Would have been nice.
Chevin Calloway - Bounced from Arkansas to SMU, looks like he's barely playing for them. I'll live.
Gavin Holmes - Has a total of 133 yards through 3 seasons, mostly injured. I'll live.
Beau Corrales - Played quite a bit for UNC, nothing spectacular. Would make a nice backup to Smith.

Those Texas guys sure don't look all that impressive looking back. Eno would have been nice to have and feel bad for the kid missing out playing for the school he really wanted to. Just didn't work out.

Wow Iowa really struggled with evaluations that year

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
They made him pay for football tickets to go to a game. Sorry if the kid couldn't figure out what was going on lol
Seems pretty ****** if true. No wonder the clones are struggling on the recruiting trail this year

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Nobody from ISU ever contacted him to tell him he didn’t have an offer. I know for a fact they would have reluctantly accepted his commitment.
tenor.gif

mikesright

Sep 3, 2012
I will tell you exactly what happened with Twedt, and I know for a fact you could ask him and he would tell you. ISU offered after his Sophomore year but he committed much sooner than the staff expected. The staff wasn’t sold on his junior year film, however they would have accepted his commitment out of respect for him and his family. When the period that you could contact class of 2021 recruits came ISU had no intention of actually spending resources or time recruiting him. He didn’t appreciate that obviously and decommitted from ISU and committed to Iowa who was actually actively recruiting him. So he didn’t actually get his scholly pulled by Campbell, they would have taken him with the expectation of getting nothing more than a special teams player out of him.

In other words:
Most schools don’t want their commitments visiting other schools. Iowa forbids it as well, essentially saying that breaks the commitment. Twedt wasn’t solid with ISU and decided to visit Iowa. The staff gives him an ultimatum, and he goes anyway, so they pull the offer.

To be fair to ISU, even though we stole your commit, he’s not good enough like a Miyan Williams or Jestin Jacobs to keep recruiting him despite a broken promise.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hawks killing it this year. Looking like it might be the best class of the KF era...

If they all stick it'll be his best class on paper since the 2000s. I'm not sure why you guys are so hung up on offers. Sure Southern let us know that David x2 had minimal options but his film is pretty impressive. Reminds me a lot of Bonifas

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
If they all stick it'll be his best class on paper since the 2000s. I'm not sure why you guys are so hung up on offers. Sure Southern let us know that David x2 had minimal options but his film is pretty impressive. Reminds me a lot of Bonifas
Meh. B-

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
:)
Shouldn’t say this but...if we’re being honest none of us know how good these classes really are...won’t know until till 3 years from now.

Have a feeling I’m going to totally regret this :)

That said things are looking pretty sweet right now

Reactions: CyTwins

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
The lack of P5 offers is concerning right now but I'll trust that our staff and Iowa's as well way more than the nerds at 247 and rivals when it comes to player eval. I think both staffs have earned the benefit of the doubt when they extend a scholarship offer.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
In other words:
Most schools don’t want their commitments visiting other schools. Iowa forbids it as well, essentially saying that breaks the commitment. Twedt wasn’t solid with ISU and decided to visit Iowa. The staff gives him an ultimatum, and he goes anyway, so they pull the offer.

To be fair to ISU, even though we stole your commit, he’s not good enough like a Miyan Williams or Jestin Jacobs to keep recruiting him despite a broken promise.

Lol. I used the exact right words the first time. The kid committed earlier than the staff thought he would. They were willing to take his commitment despite not being very happy with his progress as a local kid/courtesy thing. They had no intention of spending any time actually “recruiting” him. A staff that actually wanted him showed interest, he decommitted from the staff that didn’t want him and committed to the one that did. Very simple.