Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Jantz was an option style qb who we tried to get to throw the ball. He was at his best running and going deep, which is when the option Qbs excel. I don’t see Stanley as a runner and he overthrows his deeps plenty. They are similar to turning the ball over.

Yeah there styles are definitely different because Jantz was a much better runner. They both are just really inaccurate and are turnover machines

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
hyperventilating.gif

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Had my fumbles mixed up. Was in a few beers with some buddies the first time I watched.

Kind of makes your troll lose a little bit of luster since Hooker caused a starter to fumble and not a 3rd stringer.

Watching a taped version of the Iowa spring, while drinking a few beers with your buddies....priceless. Yeahbuddy sure knows how to throw a party!!

upload_2018-4-23_9-26-20.png

BTW- did you keep track of tackles, tackles for losses, yards gained after contact, what each player ate that day? Really would hate to miss all the vital stats of a spring game.

• Funny
Reactions: Clonefan93

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
They are similar to turning the ball over.

This isnt close to being accurate. Stanley has had 11 TO's through his first 13 games as a starter.

Jantz had 23 INT's in his 2 seasons. I cant find career fumble information on Jantz but he lost 5 total when counting the entire 2011 season and first 3 games of 2012.

And to top it off, Jantz only played in 8 games in 2011 it looks like and 11 in 2012. This is a bad troll by you and @CyTwins.

Stanley averages 0.84 TO per game and Jantz averaged at least 1.47 TO per game in his career. That is assuming he didnt lose any fumbles for the last 10 games of the 2012 season.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Brandon and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This isnt close to being accurate. Stanley has had 11 TO's through his first 13 games as a starter.

Jantz had 23 INT's through his first 2 years. I cant find career fumble information on Jantz

Jantz threw more picks, Stanley fumbled more. Not complicated stuff

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Typical day for Yeahbuddy and CyTwins:

View attachment 54697

The problem with him is he never will admit anything that is negative in any way towards Iowa or one of their players. Stanley is inaccurate and has fumbling issues, that's not an opinion that's a fact. Instead of just accepting that and letting it go he trolls about other things. If someone says Kempt doesn't have a strong arm I will agree. Not every player is perfect. Luckily for us though CMC puts Kempt in situations to succeed

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

Jantz had 23 INT's in his 2 seasons. I cant find career fumble information on Jantz but he lost 5 total when counting the entire 2011 season and first 3 games of 2012.

And to top it off, Jantz only played in 8 games in 2011 it looks like and 11 in 2012. This is a bad troll by you and @CyTwins.

Stanley averages 0.84 TO per game and Jantz averaged at least 1.47 TO per game in his career. That is assuming he didnt lose any fumbles for the last 10 games of the 2012 season.

@Brandon, how can you disagree with this? This is all factual and has absolutely no opinion in it.

• Useful
Reactions: Brandon

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
You literally disagree with facts all the time. Voters said ISU was better last year, you disagree. Stats say Kempt was much better than Stanely last year, you disagree, etc

So let me get this straight:

When it comes to players, objective evaluations (stats) are the only thing that matters. Twins doesn’t accept any form of subjective evaluation (such as the eye test).

When it comes to teams, subjective rankings (like the AP eye test) are the only thing that matters. Twins doesn’t accept any form of objective (stat-based) ranking.

Seems like a bit of a logical inconsistency. Unless you’re trolling, of course.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So let me get this straight:

When it comes to players, objective evaluations (stats) are the only thing that matters. Twins doesn’t accept any form of subjective evaluation (such as the eye test).

When it comes to teams, subjective rankings (like the AP eye test) are the only thing that matters. Twins doesn’t accept any form of objective (stat-based) ranking.

Seems like a bit of a logical inconsistency. Unless you’re trolling, of course.

Eye test matters for players, never said it didn't

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron