Iowa Football Recruiting

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Your seem more angry today than usual.

Probably because stewo informed them that their nickname IS native American based and since Iowa (believe bowlsby, but could be Barta) made the decision that they will not play any native American named teams in the future. He's concerned that the game against his home state, Illinois, and possibly the scrimmage won't be scheduled.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I do come over here and participate in the In-State Rivals forum.

ISU fans come to Hawkeye sites and start arguments in the regular forums. Don't act like your **** don't stink.

99.999999999% of any threads you're referring to are started by hawk fans. So yeah it's a lot different.

This thread was started by a troll, ones that think if they put some form of Cyclone in their screen name, they'll fool everyone.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I got you fam:

The Hawkeye State
This popular nickname for the state of Iowa is said to have come from the scout, Hawkeye, in James Fenimore Cooper's The Last of the Mohicans published in 1826. According to the Iowa State web site, "Two Iowa promoters from Burlington are believed to have popularized the name." The nickname was given approval by "territorial officials" in 1838, twelve years after the book was published and eight years before Iowa became a state.

http://www.netstate.com/states/intro/ia_intro.htm

The more I thought about this, the more Iowans should be upset about bastardization of their nickname. Did they have Hawks as their nickname before they used Hawkeye (like Cyclones not being our original nickname), if so I understand.

Instead of having a native American, of a typical Iowan (probably a farmer and being like the cornhusker masoct) they have a bird.

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
The more I thought about this, the more Iowans should be upset about bastardization of their nickname. Did they have Hawks as their nickname before they used Hawkeye (like Cyclones not being our original nickname), if so I understand.

Instead of having a native American, of a typical Iowan (probably a farmer and being like the cornhusker masoct) they have a bird.
Because I'm sure that a white guy dressed like a native american would go over so much better...

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
If im a RB I'd commit to Iowa too..seeing as how they ain't gonna be throwing ball that much this year..

Meh..ISU is in on some pretty salty RB's in this class..

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
If im a RB I'd commit to Iowa too..seeing as how they ain't gonna be throwing ball that much this year..

Meh..ISU is in on some pretty salty RB's in this class..

What did you mean "in on"? Like ISU offered or there is mutual interest?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Nice get.

Wisconsin must be in on some better RB prospects.

Pretty odd they didn't offer really. He had a very good showing at The Opening, and got the MSU offer, and probably would have gotten more if he didn't commit to Iowa. Heck he still might get more.

Also I'm sure Wisconsin thinks that is they decide they want him that they could flip an in state kid later, and maybe they very well could.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I love the fear. How long has it been since Iowa fans have had to come over to an ISU site to try to pump up their team? I like it!

Ezra Miller is no surprise at all. He was always going to be a Hawkeye. The other guy is good, but we can get someone just as good or better.

• Optimistic
Reactions: YeahBuddy

Help Support Us

Become a patron