Iowa Football Recruiting

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
They established the state nickname before the state even existed? I will need a link for that one.

I got you fam:

The Hawkeye State
This popular nickname for the state of Iowa is said to have come from the scout, Hawkeye, in James Fenimore Cooper's The Last of the Mohicans published in 1826. According to the Iowa State web site, "Two Iowa promoters from Burlington are believed to have popularized the name." The nickname was given approval by "territorial officials" in 1838, twelve years after the book was published and eight years before Iowa became a state.

http://www.netstate.com/states/intro/ia_intro.htm

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Well we play them in Sweet 16's and recruit their second leading scorers as transfers so we're more familiar with them. I guess you guys are probably more familiar with 3A Iowa basketball or Sioux City
This is vintage Twins. Much better than your recent stuff.

how_stella_got_her_groove_back.jpg

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I got you fam:

The Hawkeye State
This popular nickname for the state of Iowa is said to have come from the scout, Hawkeye, in James Fenimore Cooper's The Last of the Mohicans published in 1826. According to the Iowa State web site, "Two Iowa promoters from Burlington are believed to have popularized the name." The nickname was given approval by "territorial officials" in 1838, twelve years after the book was published and eight years before Iowa became a state.

http://www.netstate.com/states/intro/ia_intro.htm

Damn, learn something new everyday.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The flagship institution of a state draws more fans, and gets more monetary support from its fans. 69,000 to 52,000 fans a game. Iowa has a 107 million dollar budget to ISU 70 million. That is before the latest BigTen contract.

The flagship institution of the state is Iowa State so I'm going to go with a big fat wrong on that one

CyclONE Nation

Mar 16, 2017
So you are in 4th grade? Shouldn't you be paying attention in class rather than posting here?

re·mind
rəˈmīnd/
verb
  1. cause (someone) to remember someone or something.
    "he would have forgotten the boy's birthday if you hadn't reminded him"
    synonyms: jog someone's memory, help someone remember, prompt
    "I left a note to remind him"

I'll help you out

• Funny
Reactions: Hawkmi1987

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Waggoner has added offers from LSU, PSU and OU in the last week or so.

Iowa still firmly in play though for him. His offer list is starting to look like a 5* prospects would.

• Funny
Reactions: CyDude16 and Rural

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Waggoner has added offers from LSU, PSU and OU in the last week or so.

Iowa still firmly in play though for him. His offer list is what a 5* prospects should look like.
FIFY. It would be a great get for Iowa, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Hard to get these guys when the Ohio State's, LSU's, Michigan's, Florida's, and Oklahoma's of the college football world get involved. Even for a top 25 program like Iowa.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
FIFY. It would be a great get for Iowa, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Hard to get these guys when the Ohio State's, LSU's, Michigan's, Florida's, and Oklahoma's of the college football world get involved. Even for a top 25 program like Iowa.

Agreed, but a mod on an Iowa site has been told recently that Iowa still has a good shot even with these new offers.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron