Iowa Football Recruiting

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
So Jewell is going to cover our receivers? Or is he going to blitz every time and get the the QB? So you have 1 guy on defense and 1 guy on offense. The rest of the group is pretty below average.

what the hell are you talking about, you said the only positions Iowa was close at were along the lines. Unless you're a giant homer, linebacker and runningback would seem to belong on that list.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Proven by what? Your one "week" sample size?

Yeah and that's all we can really go off of. Really can't go off of non conference because some teams improve greatly over the season and others (Iowa) emphasize certain non conference games more than others. You can't go off conference play because the Big Ten offenses were just so bad so you get a month to prepare for a game that is very meaningful for both sides and that is where it is proven

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
what the hell are you talking about, you said the only positions Iowa was close at were along the lines. Unless you're a giant homer, linebacker and runningback would seem to belong on that list.

You realize Iowa lost their starting RB right?

Reactions: 1976

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Haha. We have established, through stats and metrics, that it is intact not a defense optional league and that the Big Ten was better than the Big 12 last year. Hell, there were 3 teams in the Big Ten better than the best team in the Big 12 last year.

The Big 10 was a defense optional league last year and has been proven so let's not go down that road. If you want to talk about losing your starting RB from last year we can discuss that

Proven by what? Your one "week" sample size?

Yeah and that's all we can really go off of. Really can't go off of non conference because some teams improve greatly over the season and others (Iowa) emphasize certain non conference games more than others. You can't go off conference play because the Big Ten offenses were just so bad so you get a month to prepare for a game that is very meaningful for both sides and that is where it is proven
YOSPOS-puts-gun-to-head-guy-dancing-head-bopping-1411903135g.gif

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
You think ISU could win 8 with this schedule?

Wyoming
N. Texas
Penn St
Michigan St
Ohio St
Illinois
Northwestern
Purdue
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Nebraska

I will be really happy if Iowa can win 8 this year.
Iowa State would be:
Toss up
Win
Loss (Bigly)
Loss
Loss (Bigly)
Toss Up
Loss
Win
Loss
Loss (Bigly)
Loss

• Disagree
Reactions: NATEizKING

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Mac treated it like his Super Bowl no doubt

Rhoads too. Campbell will this year as well, as he saw what it means to the fans his first year here in Iowa. Nobody likes its rivals running smack at them and embarrassing them on the field. Campbell is a smart guy, he won't let his rival be more motivated than him and his team again.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You realize Iowa returns their most talented RB, who was more productive than the starting RB.

You pay a coach that much money to start someone who is worse than his backup? Lol yeah OK. You guys are going to miss Daniels, he was a stud

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
So, only one week of every single season counts towards stats and metrics according to you. Why do teams play 12 or 13 other games in a season then?

Teams can improve, teams can also get worse and lose key players to injury. Every game matters in a season. Your argument is one of the dumbest I've seen.

Reactions: breck53

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Rhoads too. Campbell will this year as well, as he saw what it means to the fans his first year here in Iowa. Nobody likes its rivals running smack at them and embarrassing them on the field. Campbell is a smart guy, he won't let his rival be more motivated than him and his team again.

CMC realizes it's not worth it to emphasize a non conference game as much as Kirk does when he has bigger things planned for the future

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
You pay a coach that much money to start someone who is worse than his backup? Lol yeah OK. You guys are going to miss Daniels, he was a stud
I never said Iowa wouldn't miss him. I just said Iowa returns their most talented and productive running back.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So, only one week of every single season counts towards stats and metrics according to you. Why do teams play 12 or 13 other games in a season then?

Teams can improve, teams can also get worse and lose key players to injury. Every game matters in a season. Your argument is one of the dumbest I've seen.

If the Big Ten wasn't so God awful at offense than maybe you could use season stats but you might as well just compare PPG given up by Big Ten teams and FCS teams

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
CMC realizes it's not worth it to emphasize a non conference game as much as Kirk does when he has bigger things planned for the future

You don't think Campbell and ISU will match or at least try to match Iowa intensity in that game? Yikes, that is crazy just giving up so easily on a game that could help ISU get bowl eligible, and also help with in state recruiting. Seems like a bad strategy to me, but I guess you would know better?

I think that EVENTUALLY Campbell will realize you have to match the intensity of your opponent. Kirk finally realized this after 15 years and finally started matching ISU's zeal and drive to win this game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You don't think Campbell and ISU will match or at least try to match Iowa intensity in that game? Yikes, that is crazy just giving up so easily on a game that could help ISU get bowl eligible, and also help with in state recruiting. Seems like a bad strategy to me, but I guess you would know better?

I think that EVENTUALLY Campbell will realize you have to match the intensity of your opponent. Kirk finally realized this after 15 years and finally started matching ISU's zeal and drive to win this game.

Honestly I think it's impossible for him to try to match Iowa's intensity for the game. He just doesn't seem like the type that will sell out his whole season for one game. Part of me wishes he'd emphasize it some but I understand his theory of focusing on conference games instead

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
If the Big Ten wasn't so God awful at offense than maybe you could use season stats but you might as well just compare PPG given up by Big Ten teams and FCS teams
I gave you stats a week ago that had a larger sample size than Bowl Week, that had the Big Ten offenses scoring more PPG and giving up less PPG against P5 opponents than the Big 12.