Iowa Football Recruiting

Aug 26, 2014
Iowa poached 2 from Minnesota and Pj Fleck last year and one from S. Carolina.

Iowa has flipped many P5 kids, heck a number of them being ISU commits.
Okay a real power 5 conference, Minnesota doesn't count and it sounds like the S. Carolina didn't want the kid that went to Iowa anymore.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Iowa State > Iowa at nearly every position in football next year and it's not even really close. The only position groups that are close are the offensive line which I give you a slight advantage and the defensive lines which are pretty much a wash. Every other position, we win and it's not close.

Is this serious?

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I'm sure the entire spring will be focused around beating us, but I have a lot of faith that year 2 of CMC is going to be pretty special and that will include a beat down of the hoks.

Does CMC have his system implemented yet? I know you had mentioned previously that he had not yet implemented his system when Iowa beat ISU 42-3 last year.

Aug 26, 2014
Does CMC have his system implemented yet? I know you had mentioned previously that he had not yet implemented his system when Iowa beat ISU 42-3 last year.
You should know that when a new coach comes in and implements a brand new system, it takes time to click. Remember when the offensive genius named Greg Davis came in and you went 4-8? Although I guess he never got his offense going. Despite playing in a defense optional league filled with really bad teams, Iowa's offense never really was any good in that system.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I don't see us beating Iowa this year, I think we're still a year away from being pretty good and like always Kirk will be in Super Bowl mode for it

I think ISU has an outside shot of making a bowl game. The bottom of the Big12 looks like it will be pretty bad, so ISU could win 3 or 4 conference games and make a bowl. It will never shock me when ISU beats Iowa, could happen this year. I do like that Kirk has seemed to figure out that game and is 9-5 over the last 14. Maybe you are right, maybe he is treating it as a Super Bowl like ISU has been treating it for the last 20 years. Better late than never I guess.

Aug 26, 2014
I think ISU has an outside shot of making a bowl game. The bottom of the Big12 looks like it will be pretty bad, so ISU could win 3 or 4 conference games and make a bowl. It will never shock me when ISU beats Iowa, could happen this year. I do like that Kirk has seemed to figure out that game and is 9-5 over the last 14. Maybe you are right, maybe he is treating it as a Super Bowl like ISU has been treating it for the last 20 years. Better late than never I guess.
If we had Iowa's schedule we would be guaranteed to win 8 or more games. The Big 10 is a joke.

Aug 26, 2014
Good enough to go 12-0 in the regular season during 2015.

And you are trying to hard to sound like @CyTwins, find your own schtick.
Just stating facts. And 12-0 against very bad competition (and yes we were bad that year too). As soon as you played anyone with a heartbeat you lost. Once you played a good team from a good conference, you got killed.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
If we had Iowa's schedule we would be guaranteed to win 8 or more games. The Big 10 is a joke.
himZD0M.gif

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

Minnesota L
Nebraska L
Wisconsin L
Michigan L
Penn St L
Rutgers W
Illinois L
Northwestern L
Purdue W
NDSU we know would be a L
Iowa L
Miami Oh W

ISU would have gone 3-8 with Iowa schedule, maybe 4 wins if you catch Ill.

• Agree
Reactions: Hawkmi1987

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

He's definitely treated it like his Super Bowl the last 5 years. Probably shouldn't focus so much on that game and save a little in the tank for a bowl game but that's just my selfish opinion

Aug 26, 2014
Minnesota L
Nebraska L
Wisconsin L
Michigan L
Penn St L
Rutgers W
Illinois L
Northwestern L
Purdue W
NDSU we know would be a L
Iowa L
Miami Oh W

ISU would have gone 3-8 with Iowa schedule, maybe 4 wins if you catch Ill.
LOL you are crazy. And I was talking about the upcoming schedule. Last year we were still developing. This year we will be better.

• Optimistic
Reactions: YeahBuddy

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
You should know that when a new coach comes in and implements a brand new system, it takes time to click. Remember when the offensive genius named Greg Davis came in and you went 4-8? Although I guess he never got his offense going. Despite playing in a defense optional league filled with really bad teams, Iowa's offense never really was any good in that system.
Haha. We have established, through stats and metrics, that it is intact not a defense optional league and that the Big Ten was better than the Big 12 last year. Hell, there were 3 teams in the Big Ten better than the best team in the Big 12 last year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Haha. We have established, through stats and metrics, that it is intact not a defense optional league and that the Big Ten was better than the Big 12 last year. Hell, there were 3 teams in the Big Ten better than the best team in the Big 12 last year.

The Big 10 was a defense optional league last year and has been proven so let's not go down that road. If you want to talk about losing your starting RB from last year we can discuss that

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
LOL you are crazy. And I was talking about the upcoming schedule. Last year we were still developing. This year we will be better.

You think ISU could win 8 with this schedule?

Wyoming
N. Texas
Penn St
Michigan St
Ohio St
Illinois
Northwestern
Purdue
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Nebraska

I will be really happy if Iowa can win 8 this year.

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
The Big 10 was a defense optional league last year and has been proven so let's not go down that road. If you want to talk about losing your starting RB from last year we can discuss that
Proven by what? Your one "week" sample size?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
He's definitely treated it like his Super Bowl the last 5 years. Probably shouldn't focus so much on that game and save a little in the tank for a bowl game but that's just my selfish opinion

It is about time Kirk matched ISU's Super Bowl mentality. I mean as you point out Iowa just recently started to match what ISU has clearly been doing for the past 20 year.