Iowa Football Recruiting

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Thats weird because all I remember is pretty much a consensus that the winner of the Iowa/MSU game would be a lock for the playoff.

Also strange that you remember it that way considering Iowa was #4 in the playoff committee's rankings in weeks 13 and 14.
I think its probably pretty impossible to leave any undefeated conference champion out of the playoffs unless all 5 conferences go 13-0, and that chance is a zillion to one.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I know that's where they were I'm just saying there were those out there claiming Iowa's schedule was very easy and that's the only reason they were where they were. They would've for sure made the playoff if they won vs. MSU.
My aunt would be my uncle if she had nuts.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Question:
You posit that KF is a much better coach than Campbell. Tell me the logic of an inferior coach(Campbell) getting results that are so close to KF's that you are compelled to be on a cyclone website and telling just how much superior KF is to Campbell. How is this logical? Campbell took over a dumpster fire. Kirk has been at the helm longer than most senators. Help me understand how the joke of college football(ISU) is nip and tuck with one of the longest tenured coaches in college football?

He also said Gene Chizik is a better coach than Kirk Ferentz. He's not all there

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
I think its probably pretty impossible to leave any undefeated conference champion out of the playoffs unless all 5 conferences go 13-0, and that chance is a zillion to one.

Or 4 conference teams go 13-0 plus ND goes 12-0.

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
I'm just saying there were those out there claiming Iowa's schedule was very easy and that's the only reason they were where they were.

Thats not what you were saying in this thread though.

You literally said Iowa's cupcake schedule was why they werent getting put in the CFP even though they were in the Top 4 of those rankings when they were 11-0 and 12-0.

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
I'm not a ND hater but after last year I hope they really deserve it if that happens or their playoff chances in general.

Agreed and I am an ND hater.

Between last year and their showing in the title game against Alabama a few years back it has not been good.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Thats not what you were saying in this thread though.

You literally said Iowa's cupcake schedule was why they werent getting put in the CFP even though they were in the Top 4 of those rankings when they were 11-0 and 12-0.
I never said they weren't in there I'm saying there were some people who weren't sure how good Iowa truly was so they were leaving them out of it. There were people putting MSU in it instead of them. I'm not saying that they were literally being left off because the CFP poll had them at #4. I'm saying that there were those skeptical about them being on there due to their schedule.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Listen, guys who discuss college football on podcasts / talk shows are not those who are legitimately voting teams into the CFP. There is a committee. I'm not saying the committee members were not putting them into the CFP because they obviously were.. that's why they were #4. I'm saying there were people not affiliated with the committee who were skeptical of Iowa. Which they should have been because the moment they played two good teams back to back, they crumbled.

• Funny
Reactions: BLHawk

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Listen, guys who discuss college football on podcasts / talk shows are not those who are legitimately voting teams into the CFP. There is a committee. I'm not saying the committee members were not putting them into the CFP because they obviously were.. that's why they were #4. I'm saying there were people not affiliated with the committee who were skeptical of Iowa. Which they should have been because the moment they played two good teams back to back, they crumbled.
@BLHawk Do you not think that Iowa crumbled in the Rose Bowl?

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019

You cant even remember what you posted in this thread an hour ago so I dont expect you to remember what college football podcasts were saying almost 4 years ago.

As I said when this conversation first started, you are putting way too much weight on the clips of Cowherd talking about Iowa in 2015.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You cant even remember what you posted in this thread an hour ago so I dont expect you to remember what college football podcasts were saying almost 4 years ago.

As I said when this conversation first started, you are putting way too much weight on the clips of Cowherd talking about Iowa in 2015.
I do know what I said an hour ago.. You chose to read it that I meant committee members when I was talking about guys on ESPN discussing college football. But that's alright you can think you proved me wrong if that makes you happy. And Colin Cowherd hit the nail on the head on that take.