Iowa Football Recruiting

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Why does it need to be 3 years? I am just trying to understand the rationale for Phil Parker being bad and missing on recruits.... and I just do not see it. When he is sending guys to the league over 75% of the time he is at Iowa. So chances are high if you commit to Iowa as a DB you will get looked at to be drafted or signed as a UFA, as long as you do your part the 3 or 4 years you are at Iowa.
Are you seriously this dumb? Matt Campbell has been at ISU for 3 years. Your comparisons are just so pathetic.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Why does it need to be 3 years? I am just trying to understand the rationale for Phil Parker being bad and missing on recruits.... and I just do not see it. When he is sending guys to the league over 75% of the time he is at Iowa. So chances are high if you commit to Iowa as a DB you will get looked at to be drafted or signed as a UFA, as long as you do your part the 3 or 4 years you are at Iowa.

Wait, you are factoring in UFA's now? JFC!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Again:
giphy.gif

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
No we do not have to do that, I was adding into the fact that he gets guys drafted as DB over 75% of the time he has been at Iowa and more have been signed as UFA, if we do WR, we have to go that route for ISU too with Campbell success.

Classic! You're on a roll, keep going.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Twins just sped right through Insecurityville and is now firmly parked in Grumpytown. Crazy that a retread hok troll can swoop in and ruin what had been his really solid day.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: Hawkmi and iahawks

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Twins just sped right through Insecurityville and is now firmly parked in Grumpytown. Crazy that a retread hok troll can swoop in and ruin what had been his really solid day.
A, as in singular?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Classic! You're on a roll, keep going.
yes the responses are coming in where you are all "smarter" but have nothing to add, because there really is nothing for you guys to add. The history of the program and current trajectory of the program are in really good shape under Kirk, recruiting, development, and even game day planning is improving. Young Coaching is starting to preform wonders in recruiting.

But ISU wants justification for being 16-10 for 2 seasons...... because they are up and coming. The old adage is this, you get 3 years to get all of your guys into the system for college ball. Well it has been that and Campbell is still right at the Iowa average season, he is a good coach, but you guys are putting him on a huge pedestal that when he does not meet expectations for a season, it will be a hard fall.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron