Iowa Football Recruiting

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Don't kid yourself, TOE's QBs have regressed in KF's systems. CJ only made the NFL on talent and the fact that he constantly took matters into his own hands, often against the coache's orders. That's why the chunky kid will fail over there this year. He is a system guy, and KF and his horrible OC have no idea what they are doing when it comes to skill players outside of TE.

Never ceases to amaze me the spin give to any hawkeye accolades

• Useful
Reactions: adjl

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Is Michigan, with Harbough, an elite school for recruiting and transfers?
He took a QB with mediocre arm strength and little college success in his first 3 years and got him drafted. Do you think that would've happened had he stayed at Iowa?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Rudock leaves for Michigan and Iowa fans are happy. Rudock then receives some good coaching and gets drafted and Hawk fans want to claim him as their own... Seriously, you can make this stuff up.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: adjl and CyTwins

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So you're using QB's that transferred out and the NFL to determine how well he recruits the position? That seems dumb

News flash: Iowa State football sucked pre-CMC

Actually, Rudock was a 6th rounder, CJ was a 3rd rounder. Clearly having 2 NFL qbs at the same time was a hassel. And the righ th choice was made.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
He took a QB with mediocre arm strength and little college success in his first 3 years and got him drafted. Do you think that would've happened had he stayed at Iowa?
Maybe, the guy that beat him out was a 3rd rounder, he was a 6th

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: jmb

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Rudock leaves for Michigan and Iowa fans are happy. Rudock then receives some good coaching and gets drafted and Hawk fans want to claim him as their own... Seriously, you can make this stuff up.
We’re talking about recruiting at the QB position which makes Rudock relevant. Amazing that his replacement was drafted as well...

• Funny
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Actually, Rudock was a 6th rounder, CJ was a 3rd rounder. Clearly having 2 NFL qbs at the same time was a hassel. And the righ th choice was made.
JR was not an NFL QB under KF, it took someone who knew what they are doing for him to reach his potential. CJ was just good at improvising. Iowa is only good at that position when they have a guy who doesn't follow the coach's orders. Sure they might have a good game or 2, but generally speaking, they flounder in the system. If I were a QB I would NEVER go to Iowa. I would make a choice like Purdy and be the best QB this state has seen in a very long time.