Iowa Football Recruiting

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Ha, or getting ISU to think they are more important than OSU, while in reality they are not.
giphy.gif

Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Let's not forget that Easley was going to walk on at Iowa State until he realized that he probably wasn't going to see the field and that the Iowa WR core was terrible...
Wrong. He was going ISU until Iowa offered a preferred walk on position at the last moment. My source. His father who is my neighbor. Nick is the son of two Iowa alums. He wanted to be a hawk not a clone.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Wrong. He was going ISU until Iowa offered a preferred walk on position at the last moment. My source. His father who is my neighbor. Nick is the son of two Iowa alums. He wanted to be a hawk not a clone.

Best decision for both parties honestly

• Agree
Reactions: Hawkmi

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Everybody knew he was a Hawk fan when he committed to us.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I want to believe this but can we have @Thinker verify it?

• Funny
Reactions: Hawkmi

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't do spin.

KF is only three years removed from coming up a yard short of a CFP birth and a shot at the national championship.
I'm absolutely not trying to take away from what Kirk and the Hawkeyes have done. That year they had everything set up perfectly for them to run the table and have a shot at making the CFP and that's definitely an accomplishment. However saying he's putting out a top 10 team every four years is spinning the narrative, especially when he's only reached 10 wins or more one time in the last nine years, and that was when everything was lined up for him and the Hawkeyes schedule wise.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Rudock only got it because Harbaugh and Kirk's best ever QB never even got drafted so not sure that's the best way to determine it
So....3 of the last 4 starters before Stanley were drafted.

When was the last ISU QB drafted?

adjl

Jun 13, 2019

Don't kid yourself, TOE's QBs have regressed in KF's systems. CJ only made the NFL on talent and the fact that he constantly took matters into his own hands, often against the coache's orders. That's why the chunky kid will fail over there this year. He is a system guy, and KF and his horrible OC have no idea what they are doing when it comes to skill players outside of TE.

• Creative
Reactions: dexterhawk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

So you're using QB's that transferred out and the NFL to determine how well he recruits the position? That seems dumb

News flash: Iowa State football sucked pre-CMC

• Winner
Reactions: adjl

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
So you're using QB's that transferred out and the NFL to determine how well he recruits the position? That seems dumb

News flash: Iowa State football sucked pre-CMC
So did KF recruit Rudock or not?

Last edited: