Iowa Dual (2PM on Sunday)

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm only seeing that in a couple cases here.

I pay attention to all of ISU's wrestling matches so don't say I come out just for the Iowa meet. Also, my post has very little to do with getting it handed to us by Iowa and more to do with how we always come out passive and un-conditioned.

I just find it ironic that people called for Rhoads head because he didn't win enough at a perennial loser, but no one call's for KJ's head for continuously not meeting the high standards wrestling has historically had.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
"Operation don't get pinned part 2" goes slightly better. Egli goes down 22-8 at 197. Iowa leads 23-6. Two matches left.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I pay attention to all of ISU's wrestling matches so don't say I come out just for the Iowa meet. Also, my post has very little to do with getting it handed to us by Iowa and more to do with how we always come out passive and un-conditioned.

I just find it ironic that people called for Rhoads head because he didn't win enough at a perennial loser, but no one call's for KJ's head for continuously not meeting the high standards wrestling has historically had.

I definitely have not liked the passivity this match. That's what bothers me the most.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I don't like that stall warning there. The Iowa guy wasn't creating an angle, he was just pushing. That's supposed to be stalling on the guy doing the pushing.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Is it just me, or did the Iowa HWT look like a cleaned up version of the "Hawkeyes on my belly" guy?

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Is it just me, or did the Iowa HWT look like a cleaned up version of the "Hawkeyes on my belly" guy?
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1088347.gif
    1088347.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 481

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
There has been plenty of criticism of Jackson here. People did dig in and defend him when the attacks shifted from critiques of performance to personal (and in some instances racist, imo) vendettas. I had no problem with rallying around ANY coach under that kind of crap.

That said, I think the comparison between PR and KJ is apt. It was good to fire PR, and I wish KJ were on the hot seat and looking at the possibility of dismissal if the team does not perform this season.

Help Support Us

Become a patron