Iowa Beat Writers

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Everytime I see or hear Jon Sears, I think about what somebody told me when he first started at WHO:

"Get used to him because he'll be a lifer. There's no way any bigger market is going to want to scoop him up."
Those of us in Cedar Rapids who used to see him on KCRG appreciate Des Moines’ sacrifice

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Everytime I see or hear Jon Sears, I think about what somebody told me when he first started at WHO:

"Get used to him because he'll be a lifer. There's no way any bigger market is going to want to scoop him up."
He should have been out of there when he referred to Iowa State as the Iowa State Cyclowns. I am sure he said it all the time at KCRG and habits like that are hard to break. (Not to mention he should have been gone after that horrid Allen Lazard interview. That was strike No. 2)

I mean he would have been gone had he said "The Iowa Suckeyes".

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Sucks that Cade appeared in his 5th game. No longer redshirt eligible I assume. Playing career over. Sad deal for the kid. At least he made some money this year.
Still has his covid year I believe. According to the Swarm guy on KXNO this morning Cade has already said he is 100% coming back.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
How long until Iowa fans are singing the Deacon Blues? They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, they call Iowa Deacon Blues . . . . .

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Quad and ACL weren’t on the same leg.

Meniscus surgery (December 2022) followed by a partial quad tear (August 2023) on his right leg. ACL tear on his left leg (October 2023). He's had a rough 12 months other than the fat paycheck. Hope he can stay healthy in the future.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron