Iowa Beat Writers

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It is all a guess, but the obvious part was that he was playing hurt for sure. I think the coaches felt he still gave us the best chance to be successful is why he played but they have been wrong before.

Hill hasn't looked great for sure and he was brought in because Iowa needed more QBs. Not sure if he will be better than Cade was playing hurt or not. But we are going to find out now.

No chin says it the Hill Era hop on and enjoy the ride.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
It is all a guess, but the obvious part was that he was playing hurt for sure. I think the coaches felt he still gave us the best chance to be successful is why he played but they have been wrong before.

Hill hasn't looked great for sure and he was brought in because Iowa needed more QBs. Not sure if he will be better than Cade was playing hurt or not. But we are going to find out now.
Seemed like playcalling was better Saturday. I would of liked to seen Cade with that type of playcalling earlier In year. Specifically trying to involve wr's more. Execution was terrible though we just don't seem to coach wr's very well. Still have to try or you're playing in a phone booth. Hopefully Deacon is an improvement because schedule is pretty tough from here on out

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Seemed like playcalling was better Saturday. I would have liked to seen Cade with that type of playcalling earlier In year. Specifically trying to involve wr's more. Execution was terrible though we just don't seem to coach wr's very well. Still have to try or you're playing in a phone booth. Hopefully Deacon is an improvement because schedule is pretty tough from here on out
Easier to play call when you play a crappy team/defense

• Winner
Reactions: JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
schedule is pretty tough from here on out
365a85d2-8c1a-47ae-b440-40b2a92bcd08_text.gif

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Michigan State had several chances to end that game Saturday…. and blew them all. You just can’t make this stuff up.

And Iowa’s only chance at scoring was going to come from defense or special teams…. and MSU gifted that to them also. It’s just unreal. That was the worst punt coverage I’ve ever seen. Any skill player on Iowa would have housed that punt. Heck…. Deacon Hill probably could have.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Michigan State had several chances to end that game Saturday…. and blew them all. You just can’t make this stuff up.

And Iowa’s only chance at scoring was going to come from defense or special teams…. and MSU gifted that to them also. It’s just unreal. That was the worst punt coverage I’ve ever seen. Any skill player on Iowa would have housed that punt. Heck…. Deacon Hill probably could have.
And don't forget the 15yd punt the drive before that gave Iowa the ball already in FG range to tie it

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Iowas opponents are just really bad in all aspects of the game. The MAC would absolutely wreck the Big10 West this year. Sprinkle in MSU and Rutgers and you have an embarrassment of a power 5 schedule.
And Iowa could have, probably should have lost to that Michigan State team. The amount of blind, stupid luck Iowa has is enough to make a person sick. They have again stumbled their way to a 4-1 record with the worst offense in college football, and guess what? That offense ain't getting any better any time soon with Deacon Hill under center.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Seemed like playcalling was better Saturday. I would of liked to seen Cade with that type of playcalling earlier In year. Specifically trying to involve wr's more. Execution was terrible though we just don't seem to coach wr's very well. Still have to try or you're playing in a phone booth. Hopefully Deacon is an improvement because schedule is pretty tough from here on out
Would've or would have
You should of seen Purdue Saturday. They're hitting their stride my friend
Should've or should have

I'll show myself out.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Sucks that Cade appeared in his 5th game. No longer redshirt eligible I assume. Playing career over. Sad deal for the kid. At least he made some money this year.