INSTANT REACTION PODCAST: Oklahoma State 34, Iowa State 27

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
His throws were getting our receivers murdered quite a bit. Him not stepping into his throws is a huge problem and I would bet some of the receivers would have a chat with him.

Now whether those plays should have been called to begin with is a whole other issue.

Brock looked really bad/uncomfortable yesterday but that was just one of MANY problems the team had. Kicking was just unbelievably bad as usual. Our d backs were playing worse than anyone else IMO. The coverage and tackling was just horrible.

I think all of it is fixable except the kicking. We just have to assume anything over 30 yards is like another teams 45+ yard attempts. Our kicking has always been bad but this is as bad as I remember.

Isn’t punting a part of the kicking game? Thought that was outstanding yesterday.

• Agree
Reactions: madguy30

s_ford

Jul 30, 2018
Kid had a bad game. It happens to the best of them. That said, he really could have thrown 7 picks if the defense could catch a cold.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
2 offensive game plans have been terrible this year, UNI and OSU. ISU did not execute well in those games. Offense was not good against Baylor or Iowa either. This makes 50% of the games our offense was not good.

Be who you are, no stupid game plans. As someone mentioned earlier this was a lot like the Texas game from 2017, a real bad plan.

The OL has played much better the last month, we have great TEs, good WRs and a running back coming into his own. You should be able to keep the defense out of sorts all game long, especially if you allow Purdy to run.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
I understand the temptation to lean on Purdy but in the 4th quarter facing a tired defense it might have been a better option to run the ball. If Hall was fatigued there were fresh backs on the sideline.

I know it's Monday morning quarterbacking but OSU was expecting the pass.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Love Purdy, but for pete's sake, he has to stop dropping 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage. If nobody is open, get to the outside or step up and get what you can.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

scratch

Jan 28, 2018
I feel the coaches have asked a thorough bred racing horse to now be a trotter. Let him play his game !!!!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron