Instant Pot recipes and tips

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Ok, I have all the ingredients, I am going to try this tonight. Do frozen chicken breasts get done? Or should I microwave them first to thaw?
The recipe said you can use frozen ones, but to add a couple minutes to the cook time. I would just make sure they are not too thick.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Ok, I have all the ingredients, I am going to try this tonight. Do frozen chicken breasts get done? Or should I microwave them first to thaw?

I've done it both ways. It works either and tastes the same, but it is a little easier to shred the chicken if they were thawed beforehand.

Reactions: brianhos

OPCyclone

Dec 4, 2008
Overland Park, KS
Our favorite is mushroom risotto:

https://gooddinnermom.com/mushroom-risotto-in-the-instant-pot/

Have used multiple mushroom types and they have all turned out great. In addition, I will add in 1-lb of shrimp at the same time as the mushrooms to the instant pot. I typically use uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp from Sams Club and partially saute them in the same pan as I used for the mushrooms while the instant pot is cooking the arborio rice. They will finish cooking in the hot rice and not be overcooked. You could use precooked shrimp from Sams, but it might get overcooked in the hot rice.

Bon appetit!

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
7g of ground and de-carved cannabis
1 stick of butter
2 tbsp water

Low for 12 hours. Stirring every 30 minutes. Strain through cheese cloth in to jar or container. Let sit until hardened material floats to top.remove hardened material from water. Substitute this butter in any recipe.
Wear rubber gloves if you have anything to do the day or two after the event.

Last edited:

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
A word of warning for those new to the InstaPot. My friend was making soup in theirs. She opened the lid when it showed it was safe to do so. It essentially exploded with a giant burp onto her chest. She is having her fourth skin graft next week. It disfigured what was once pristine...

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Our favorite is mushroom risotto:

https://gooddinnermom.com/mushroom-risotto-in-the-instant-pot/

Have used multiple mushroom types and they have all turned out great. In addition, I will add in 1-lb of shrimp at the same time as the mushrooms to the instant pot. I typically use uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp from Sams Club and partially saute them in the same pan as I used for the mushrooms while the instant pot is cooking the arborio rice. They will finish cooking in the hot rice and not be overcooked. You could use precooked shrimp from Sams, but it might get overcooked in the hot rice.

Bon appetit!

F that looks delicious! Gonna treat my wife to that this weekend...