INSIDER: What I know about Rasir Bolton waiver timeline

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

Why I’m not holding my breath on Bolton. Nothing the ncaa does ever makes sense. This kid left UGA to be closer to his sick grandfather.

Whatever the right thing is to do, expect the NCAA to do the opposite.

Malou was banned from NCAA because a couple of courses didn’t “transfer”.

KU has their shoe company pay players, and they get off free.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
It won't bite.

And I hate the dangling response where you start off on a neat line of thinking, lose your thought then forget it STAYS in the response window for eternity. I was weaving this delightful story of Penn State and buttt stuff and never finished...
Quitter.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm permanently scarred from the juxtaposition of Lucca Staiger's 1 year suspension because he was paid $0 and someone else was paid $500 he didn't know about and the NCAA saying it's fine for Auburn to pay its QB $300,000 as long as the money went to his dad and not him.

Looking at those two decisions in '08 and '10 I pretty much penciled in the NCAA as a known criminal syndicate.

They throw in a few, what they think are inconsequential, decisions in favor of athletes from non-big name schools so they can claim to be fair and impartial.

NCAA is a hellish mesh of incompetence and corruption. One or both is likely to bite you in the ass if you are not a top favored school.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Why I’m not holding my breath on Bolton. Nothing the ncaa does ever makes sense. This kid left UGA to be closer to his sick grandfather.

As much as I kinda hate the NCAA administration of rules this seemed like a weak case. They weren't just asking for a waiver, they were asking for a waiver of rules for waivers. Throw in it was Illinois and there was no way this had a chance. Waivers that waive even the guidelines for waivers are reserved for schools like Notre Dame who got Jessica Shepard illegible without even having to disclose the basis for the waiver at all. We can assume it was because her coach at Nebraska was a big meanie and hurt her feelings but no one knows.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

Honestly. Not sure I would approve for a grandfather unless he was raised by them instead of his parents.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Ok I'm not of fan of the NCAAs inconsistencies as much as anyone else but why should he be eligible to play immediately just to be close to his sick Grandfather? He can still transfer to Illinois immediately to be nearby his Grandfather but will just have to sit out a year to play. Am I missing something else?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Ok I'm not of fan of the NCAAs inconsistencies as much as anyone else but why should he be eligible to play immediately just to be close to his sick Grandfather? He can still transfer to Illinois immediately to be nearby his Grandfather but will just have to sit out a year to play. Am I missing something else?

Hopefully his grandpa's around in two years to see him play.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi and IASTATE07

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Honestly. Not sure I would approve for a grandfather unless he was raised by them instead of his parents.

I don’t disagree but it’s just the amount of inconsistency from the ncaa. Why approve Tate Martell for immediate eligibility and not this kid?

They either need to make everyone sit under any circumstance or let everyone be eligible under any circumstance.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm growing more in favor of the idea kids should just get 5 years to play 5. No more waiver or redshirt crap, if a kid gets hurt he still can play 4. If a kid wants to transfer for any reason then so be it.

I hate seeing guys commit to schools only to leave after a year or 2 but the inconsistency the NCAA has at granting 1 kid a waiver and not another if they just leveled the playing field it would make the whole transfer thing a lot less complicated. The guys with pro ambitions probably wont play 5 years and some guys may just get their degree and leave after 4 still anyways. Probably would reduce some of the parity in competition too as the big time programs usually are heavy on recruits with ambitions to play pro anyways and many of them dont stay 4 years.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Or they could just honor their commitment and stay. If they can’t do that they should have to sit out. If there’s a special circumstance for needing to leave, they can apply for a waiver.

Are you willing to give a full four year guaranteed scholarship for that? Honoring the other side of the commitment and all that?

davehon

Apr 4, 2015
I think if the head coach leaves or the assistant that recruited them leaves they should be able to transfer. Special circumstances are hard each situation is different but a non sit out transfer should be given if their head coach leaves IMO
Or they could just honor their commitment and stay. If they can’t do that they should have to sit out. If there’s a special circumstance for needing to leave, they can apply for a waiver.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I don’t disagree but it’s just the amount of inconsistency from the ncaa. Why approve Tate Martell for immediate eligibility and not this kid?

They either need to make everyone sit under any circumstance or let everyone be eligible under any circumstance.
Tate Martell hired a lawyer for his waiver process.

https://247sports.com/Article/Tate-Martell-waiver-Miami-127902812/

Justin Fields also hired a lawyer for his waiver process. Read about him here. This guy has helped around 50 kids get waivers over the years.

https://www.roanoke.com/sports/coll...cle_52c457ea-7299-11e9-a316-73f90ddef058.html

You want to know why they got waivers? Because they NCAA doesn't want to test their transfer rules in court. Want a guaranteed waiver? Right now hire a lawyer.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Tate Martell hired a lawyer for his waiver process.

https://247sports.com/Article/Tate-Martell-waiver-Miami-127902812/

Justin Fields also hired a lawyer for his waiver process. Read about him here. This guy has helped around 50 kids get waivers over the years.

https://www.roanoke.com/sports/coll...cle_52c457ea-7299-11e9-a316-73f90ddef058.html

You want to know why they got waivers? Because they NCAA doesn't want to test their transfer rules in court. Want a guaranteed waiver? Right now hire a lawyer.

So does Mr. Bolton have such sterling legal representation...?