INSIDER: Three grad transfers that Iowa State is targeting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Just my ten cents.......but unless he is in foul trouble or recovering from an injury, Carton is not coming off the bench.

Agree with one condition - our dumbass of a coach will start all scholarship seniors which would mean Aiken and Young are automatic. Bolton will start because he's been here longest.

That leaves two spots, and it's tough to play when your third tallest guy is 6'3"

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
With mental health issues, I wouldn't be shocked if he wants to come back to Iowa.

Iowa probably wouldn't be able to take him, and he'd be crazy to choose UNI or Drake over ISU.
Agree with this. That is why Nebraska and Fred were my first thought having dealt with Royce White while at ISU. I don't think however he wants to transfer to another Big Ten school. Sometimes a complete change in scenery does best.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
With mental health issues, I wouldn't be shocked if he wants to come back to Iowa.

Iowa probably wouldn't be able to take him, and he'd be crazy to choose UNI or Drake over ISU.

Lol Iowa would take him in a second. The kid is a stud he can go wherever he wants

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
IMO 0% chance. People are stir crazy after 1 week. There would be riots if we didn't have stuff.

I am not trying to sow doom and gloom here.

But I doubt we are having college sports if we are having mass graves, too.

That is not *likely* but neither is it impossible right now.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Agree with one condition - our dumbass of a coach will start all scholarship seniors which would mean Aiken and Young are automatic. Bolton will start because he's been here longest.

That leaves two spots, and it's tough to play when your third tallest guy is 6'3"

I don't have any problem with Young starting.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006

'Mass graves' isn't exactly sowing sunshine.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

" It is perfectly ridiculous to go around whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty."

C.S. Lewis

CycloneTJS

Jan 29, 2009
Cedar Rapids
Harvard actually is actually a really good school for basketball, and Aiken is an absolute stud.

https://247sports.com/Article/Bryce-Aiken-Harvard-transfer-college-basketball--145163813/

We may not get him but read this article and maybe it'll change your perspective.
Article read, and he is a stud, but, it does not change my opinion that 3 little guards are going to save the day, especially when the best player is a 1 and done if we get him. I would have much rather gone after Bowen Born if we wanted this type of player. He will be a stud at UNI.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
He
Shayok had crappy numbers and he'll be one of the greats...
He actually didn't really have that bad of numbers. He was what, the 2nd leading scorer on a low scoring Virginia team?

Looks like he averaged 8.9 points. On the surface it didn't look good, but if one actually watched him we knew he had loads of talent on a slow paced low scoring team.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He

He actually didn't really have that bad of numbers. He was what, the 2nd leading scorer on a low scoring Virginia team?

Looks like he averaged 8.9 points. On the surface it didn't look good, but if one actually watched him we knew he had loads of talent on a slow paced low scoring team.

Absolutes pre-ISU Shayok was, "Meh."

Pace- and possessions-adjusted Shayok was, "Looks pretty good!"

Actual Shayok was Godzilla stomping on Tokyo.

Reactions: isutrevman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I was psyched when we signed him. I remember watching him in Chicago against ISU and knew he had talent.

Somebody just ranked him as the best player in the D-League --

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/202...shayok-ranked-as-best-player-in-the-g-league/

Also, very underrated photo here --

AR-170429930.jpg

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
" It is perfectly ridiculous to go around whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty."

C.S. Lewis

Big difference between "whimpering" and facing scientific facts. People burying their heads in the sand and continuing to endangering other people's lives by going to beaches and public places are selfish and ignorant. Scientists didn't CAUSE this epidemic, i.e. didn't "add" it to people's risk of death. They are the reason lives are being saved and why a cure will eventually be found.

If people are so anti-science, then by all means don't immunize yourselves or your families when an immunization is discovered.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Big difference between "whimpering" and facing scientific facts. People burying their heads in the sand and continuing to endangering other people's lives by going to beaches and public places are selfish and ignorant. Scientists didn't CAUSE this epidemic, i.e. didn't "add" it to people's risk of death. They are the reason lives are being saved and why a cure will eventually be found.

If people are so anti-science, then by all means don't immunize yourselves or your families when an immunization is discovered.

"In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation."

C.S. Lewis