INSIDER: Matt Campbell's recruiting schedule for this week

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
MONDAY: Visiting J.T. Ibe, a graduate transfer safety out of Rice. It’s looking like Ibe will officially visit Iowa State this weekend, though that has not been confirmed.

TUESDAY: Campbell will be in the city of Detroit visiting a handful of 2019 prospects. With most of the 2018 class done, it has allowed Iowa State to really get a head start on 2019 and beyond.

WEDNESDAY: Campbell will be in Minnesota paying Bryce Benhart a visit. Benhart, a 6-foot-7, 295-pound offensive lineman, already has offers from the likes of Wisconsin, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, UCLA, Minnesota, Northwestern and others. The 2019 prospect unofficially visited Iowa State last October.

On Wednesday night, Campbell will pay Bobby Lawrence a visit in St. Joe, Mo. Lawrence, an already committed (but not signed) 2018 offensive linemen, recently picked up offers from Nebraska and Missouri over the weekend. Lawrence, a one-time Illinois State commitment, is supposed to grayshirt next season in Ames.

THURSDAY: Campbell will return to the state of Iowa and meet with notable 2019 and 2020 prospects.

There is still plenty of work to be done with the 2018 class but as you can see, 2019 and beyond is the clear focus here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The first 8 words in the Wednesday blurb had me thinking we were really big time now.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Sounds like there are all kinds of teams lining up for JT Ibe.

Looks like ISU, Indiana, Georgia Tech, Colorado, and KU just in the past day or two.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Didn't someone say they were going to make one more visit with Brock Purdy? Or was that an old article before the previous in-home?

SiouxCityCyclone

Nov 10, 2016
Bryce Benhart at work in another sport in which he excels.

:)

I've never wrestled Freestyle, and I'm sure Benhart would roll me good, but I would say that PA kid lost the match as opposed to Benhart winning it. PA kid went for throws, Benhart just played D and got one roll in. 1.5 star match at best

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I've never wrestled Freestyle, and I'm sure Benhart would roll me good, but I would say that PA kid lost the match as opposed to Benhart winning it. PA kid went for throws, Benhart just played D and got one roll in. 1.5 star match at best
A guy doesn't have to be All-American caliber for the skills learned in the wrestling room to yield dividends on the football field.

SiouxCityCyclone

Nov 10, 2016
A guy doesn't have to be All-American caliber for the skills learned in the wrestling room to yield dividends on the football field.

I 100% agree with that. And I wasn't trying to bag on him either, which is how my comments came off. My comments made it sound like he should be wrestling like a top 10 wrestling recruit which is totally unfair. Kid's a great athlete and I hope he ends up at Iowa State.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Didn't someone say they were going to make one more visit with Brock Purdy? Or was that an old article before the previous in-home?
Most or all of the offensive staff is supposed to visit Purdy on Thursday. Campbell is only allowed one visit with a recruit for this recruiting period and he already used it on the 19th.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Okay whatever Meltzer if that match was in the Tokyo dome you would have given it 4.5 stars and had it on your match of the year shortlist.

83cy

May 14, 2006
Wasn't that a greco match vs. freestyle? Doesn't matter I like his frame for an OL.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron