Inside the development, testing and production of the 'Cyclone Shield'

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
How cool that they are making the information free to anyone so they can make their own. Iowa State Engineering once again making the world a better place.

I was wondering about fogging up. Glad that was covered in the article. For some games they might have to put Rain-X on the outside and an anti-fogging treatment on the inside.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm just going to assume ISU design was superior to the LSU players who quickly complained they can't breath with the shield on.

• Dislike
Reactions: Cyclad and aauummm

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
How cool that they are making the information free to anyone so they can make their own. Iowa State Engineering once again making the world a better place.
Yep, Iowa State Engineering "actually helping people" (AHP)!

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Love Dr. Frank. Definitely one of my favorite professors. Always learned a lot in his classes.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We should sell these to Iowa, and then they can put a MMFA (Making Masks For America) sticker on their helmets and take credit for making them!

Seriously though... will players be required to wear both the eye shields and this shield? I would think you would want to.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I wonder how well players will be able to keep cool in these. I know they are supposed to leave a gap, but it is hard to believe that they will not keep heat trapped in the helmet, at least more than an open helmet. I suspect there will be a lot of substitutions.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Just realized I don’t really remember seeing our players ever wear these this season. What happened with these things?