INJURY REPORT: Babb "questionable", Brase out, Young and Lard dinged up

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Interesting that NWB is close to a return. I was concerned having the MRI last week was an indication that he was on the slow end of the recovery timeline and may not be back for a while.

Assuming Nick is close to 100% and can suit up even if for limited minutes would really help against KU. (obviously) length at the G position.

I am curious to see if Prohm still uses Lindell as PG when Weller-Babb does get back. Wigginton is growing into the position getting better each game and gaining more minutes/experience would be jump his PG role for next years team.

Brase being out vs Abduke to move him from lane and 5 fouls but a least Talley has been able to fill in and can more than adequately for his minutes.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I hope we're just trolling KU the way Iowa has a fake injury to a star player every year before the ISU football game.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Interesting that NWB is close to a return. I was concerned having the MRI last week was an indication that he was on the slow end of the recovery timeline and may not be back for a while.

Assuming Nick is close to 100% and can suit up even if for limited minutes would really help against KU. (obviously) length at the G position.

I am curious to see if Prohm still uses Lindell as PG when Weller-Babb does get back. Wigginton is growing into the position getting better each game and gaining more minutes/experience would be jump his PG role for next years team.

Brase being out vs Abduke to move him from lane and 5 fouls but a least Talley has been able to fill in and can more than adequately for his minutes.

Yeah, we'll see how Prohm manages it. I figure worst case scenario he now has the luxury of having a competent PG on the floor for 40 minutes one way or the other. Babb's workload certainly wasn't helping his tendinitis any. If LW can handle it 10-15 minutes a game so NWB can ease his way back in they'll be in business. LW's been OK at the point but he's better off the ball hunting for his shot. Just my opinion.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
What does "non-contact" constitute? Is that running-conditioning, shooting, but avoid 3-on-3 / 5-on-5 scrimages, rebounding drills and weight lifting?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Even if Nick is able to play I say just bring him off the bench and ease him back into it.

Conditioning ought to play a big role in it, too. Even if he's available to play he might only be able to go 10-15 minutes before he's gassed. I know it's not quite apples to apples, but when Talley came back from his layoff it took awhile for him to get his legs underneath him.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He plays so physically that I'm guessing it would be an oddity if he wasn't sore somewhere.

It's not that he's sore, he's just regrowing/healing the injury during the game (cue up Solomon Young/Chuck Norris theme) and it takes a while. :)

Feel bad for Brase. He showed some promise but just never got even real close to 100% in his one year stint.

Team just needs to go out and play tomorrow...they're at their best when they just go do it.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Feel bad for Brase. He showed some promise but just never got even real close to 100% in his one year stint.
Man, no kidding; two ACLs, now this - he basically has played sparingly for the last 3-years; and in total not even one full season.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm