Increase in ticket prices...

cy1225

Oct 6, 2007
surprisaed tickets prices when up from $59 a game to $70 game coming off a 3-9 season. That places ISU ticket prices 3rd highest in the Big 12.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Ticket prices for 6 home games:

Regular $350
Cy's Pack $195
End Zone $125
Hillside $99
lil'Clone $49

Very affordable options in my opinion.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
For those of you who are interested...

In the new 'club' section, football tickets will be $1,500/each (after a $5,000 donation)! Parking pass is an extra...

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
$350 / 6 = $58.33 ... where are you getting $70.00 per game at?

I can't wait to send my check to the ticket office to buy my tickets. It is about the only check I enjoy writing every year.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Or maybe the Reagan/dubya formula of I can cut taxes, explode defense spending, and balance the budget. I think daddy bush called it voodoo economics.

DevilDog

Apr 9, 2006
Janesville
I hope someone out there doesnt renew their endzone seating. Ive been priced out of my old section. Oh well i enjoyed it while it lasted. Goodbye section 21 thanks for the memories. Someone is getting some great seats.

cy1225

Oct 6, 2007
$350 / 6 = $58.33 ... where are you getting $70.00 per game at?

I can't wait to send my check to the ticket office to buy my tickets. It is about the only check I enjoy writing every year.

My bad . I was told it was 5 home games not 6. The increase is from $50 a game up to $58 per game. About a 16% increase coming off a 3-9 season. Surprised by the increase.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
surprisaed tickets prices when up from $59 a game to $70 game coming off a 3-9 season. That places ISU ticket prices 3rd highest in the Big 12.

My bad . I was told it was 5 home games not 6. The increase is from $50 a game up to $58 per game. About a 16% increase coming off a 3-9 season. Surprised by the increase.

Still giving us fuzzy math here. First post its $59 a game. Second post you decreased it to $50 a game... What is it???

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Only reason I ask is because I really didn't know what season ticket prices were last year.

Either way... I look at it like this. We really need upgrades and how else can you afford this??? Raise ticket prices. If less tickets are sold this year and it hurts revenue, you will probably see the price go back down.

All about supply and demand and finding the right price that will maximize your profits.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Only reason I ask is because I really didn't know what season ticket prices were last year.

Either way... I look at it like this. We really need upgrades and how else can you afford this??? Raise ticket prices. If less tickets are sold this year and it hurts revenue, you will probably see the price go back down.

All about supply and demand and finding the right price that will maximize your profits.
I don't think you'll EVER see the price go down.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Doesn't the price of everything go up? I guess I dont understand the problem.

Still very cheap options.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
If there's 2 things I learned from the 2 Lisa Dukes classes I took, there 1)a small price increase every year or 2 is better than one big increase every 5 or so years and 2)once you lower ticket prices, the consumer perceives it to be an inferior product.

Did the TOTAL price of tickets increase or just the per game cost? There is a BIG difference between the 2.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
If you want to see a cheap ticket go to a Drake, UNI or small college game.
We knew this was coming, FB feeds the whole athletic dept, and even though football isnt where it needs to be, there are other sports doing very well.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Request:
-Please use a little courtesy when discussing this!!
-When our prices have gone up 50% in the last two years, with a major re-indexing coming up, it is a fair point for discussion.
-Many of these fans raising questions have had seats for years and been good donors. When it begins to cost them several hundred (or more) in increases over a couple of years they have a right to voice an opinion.
-It is really to simple to just tell them to move to the grass, or we have to pay to win. However, that does not respect what they have done as fans.
-Now I can support the pricing, but it is beginning to be felt. I am keeping my tickets and donation level. However, I have some empathy for those struggling with it.
-This is a marketing question of at what level will we begin to see diminising returns or a backlash. We probably are not there yet, but depending on several future factors we could be getting to that point.
-I am not arguing pro or con, just suggesting that a short comments like pay to play, give up your seats, stop complaining, are not fair either.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Request:
-Please use a little courtesy when discussing this!!
-When our prices have gone up 50% in the last two years, with a major re-indexing coming up, it is a fair point for discussion.
-Many of these fans raising questions have had seats for years and been good donors. When it begins to cost them several hundred (or more) in increases over a couple of years they have a right to voice an opinion.
-It is really to simple to just tell them to move to the grass, or we have to pay to win. However, that does not respect what they have done as fans.
-Now I can support the pricing, but it is beginning to be felt. I am keeping my tickets and donation level. However, I have some empathy for those struggling with it.
-This is a marketing question of at what level will we begin to see diminising returns or a backlash. We probably are not there yet, but depending on several future factors we could be getting to that point.
-I am not arguing pro or con, just suggesting that a short comments like pay to play, give up your seats, stop complaining, are not fair either.

I'm sorry, but if the people against the increases can gripe about it, then those of us who think it is more than fair can gripe about the complainers. It's a two way street. As I've said all along, there are less expensive, viable options and you really do need to pay to play or you will be pushed to the side in favor of someone who is capable. Simple economics and although you may have been paying $250 to sit on the 50yd line for the last 20 years....it isn't the case anymore.

If I have to accept Thursday night openers, then the rest of you can accept the price increases. Don't mean to be harsh, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron