I would consider this season a success if....

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
This already has been a fun (if at times nail-biting) ride. I consider it a success; a first-game bounce would be a depressing conclusion (mainly because I think this team is better than falling victim to that).

As a 3 seed, though, Sweet 16 is an expectation — I want to get to the second weekend, especially if that also includes a win over (underseeded) UNC. Do that, and it's gravy from that point (and at least tied for second-best overall modern-era season in ISU history).

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
I heard Fred say the last couple nights that he wants to cut the nets down in Dallas. I won't be happy until he's happy!

Let me Mayor coach!

:smile:

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa
I'm actually perfectly content at this moment with the Big XII Tournament Championship. If that's what this year is remembered for, I'll be happy. Any additional wins are gravy.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Providence/UNC: Don't know much about providence, other than they beat Creighton. Again I can't imagine they have great personnel matchups to beat us. UNC is a different story, need to keep McAdoo/Johnson off the glass and need Morris to shut down Paige. UNC goes as he goes, and if he can get shutdown I don't think UNC has the offense to keep up with us.

Providence MU zone will give UNC fits. It is certainly not a given that UNC will prevail in that one.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Losing in the 1st weekend would really put a major damper on the season for me. Pencil me in for a sweet 16 or deeper to really put a shine on the season. When you attain a 3 seed you gotta do something with it! ISU had pretty solid teams the last 2 years and could only muster 8/9 and 7/10 games with rough 2nd round draws. I just feel that it's very difficult to have a season like this and they NEED to take advantage.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Based on our road to make it to the Elite Eight, I'd say making it there would be a success. For obvious reasons this season has already been a success, but this team is very capable of going deep in the tournament is expected.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron