I missed the boat. Best third party site for Bowl tickets

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
I missed the boat with the ISU athletic office but still am interested in getting tickets to the bowl game. What third party sites has been good to use as far as price and seat location and legitimacy, and what sites would you recommend i stay away from. Thanks!

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Any of the big third party ticket sites will have legitimate seats. Prices will be pretty similar across the board. If you want to save some money try buying from someone on Craig's List or a site like this. Granted, you're running more risk using Craig's List, but I have got some killer seats that way for cheaper than say Stub Hub, but I'd recommend doing a little back and forth with the seller first to feel them out.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I understand most people like having tickets secured but if it were me i would just scalp down in memphis.

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
I have 5 extras, but won't have them until they go out. They were bought from the University

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
I understand most people like having tickets secured but if it were me i would just scalp down in memphis.
If you go this route, ask the Liberty Bowl for illustrations of what the actual tickets look like. I saw some pretty ****** and generic fakes in Chicago for basketball.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Rats. I thought this thread announced the LB as the third best party site....but that's just me. 20161108_123946.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If you want to see a nice scam, check out this craigslist ad. The pic and description are taken from an active ebay listing that the user has no clue about.

Or it is the same person listing in two places. Or is there something else that makes you think scam? Was it just the unbelievably low price?

Edit: Never mind. I now see this on the ebay listing. "BEWARE: someone copied my listing and is trying to sell them on Craig’s list. I already reported them and I will post some pics of their fraudulent posting."

If you are the one who alerted them, good for you. Nice job detective.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Or it is the same person listing in two places. Or is there something else that makes you think scam? Was it just the unbelievably low price?

Edit: Never mind. I now see this on the ebay listing. "BEWARE: someone copied my listing and is trying to sell them on Craig’s list. I already reported them and I will post some pics of their fraudulent posting."

If you are the one who alerted them, good for you. Nice job detective.
images (2).jpeg

Julie

Dec 19, 2017
I have 2 tickets for sale - Sec 108, Row 60, Seats 35-36. Purchased from ISU - $100 a piece (it's what I paid).

You might have seen where I posted Row 80 but in my defense I was going by memory while sitting in my mom's hospital room.

Reactions: aauummm

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
We had something come up and can no longer go. I have two available sec 118 row 54 seats 7-8

Paid 90 for each, willing to negotiate. Want them to be used by a Cyclone fan

Reactions: Spanky