I interviewed Austin Gomez yesterday to catch up with him.

Jul 12, 2020
Long time lurker here. Started a wrestling youtube show and im a big Iowa State fan. Saw my Kennedy Monday video was posted in a previous thread. I reached out to to Mr. Scared Money Don't Make Money himself, Austin Gomez and he was down to do an interview! Hope you can check it out.

P.S. Im new to all this so if you have any tips, or ideas let me know! Go Cyclones!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
He has the makings of being one of my all time favorites when it’s all said and done (god willing he stay healthy).

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
125- Mackall
133- Gomez (Small as a very good backup)
141- Parker
149- Degen
157- Carr

That's a really salty starting lineup. Potentially 5 AA's there. Just need to fill a hole at 165 and 197, figure out the Colbray/Coleman/Broderson logjam at 174 and 184, then Gremmel as an AA contender at Hwt. Should be a top 10 squad with potential to push for top 5.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
125- Mackall
133- Gomez (Small as a very good backup)
141- Parker
149- Degen
157- Carr

That's a really salty starting lineup. Potentially 5 AA's there. Just need to fill a hole at 165 and 197, figure out the Colbray/Coleman/Broderson logjam at 174 and 184, then Gremmel as an AA contender at Hwt. Should be a top 10 squad with potential to push for top 5.
God.... I’m gonna be so pissed we don’t have a full season to enjoy watching that.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
God.... I’m gonna be so pissed we don’t have a full season to enjoy watching that.

Likely will be the best lineup we have had since the Varner/Zabriskie/Reader team. Really hope there is a season to enjoy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Likely will be the best lineup we have had since the Varner/Zabriskie/Reader team. Really hope there is a season to enjoy
Had a relative talk to Dresser recently. Said he sounded optimistic but JP is playing it conservative as far a summer workouts are allowed compared to UNI and ToE. The guys are currently working out in some barn up by Gilbert. KD himself didn’t seem worried about Covid.

Side note, he also said KD briefly raved about a recruit or something from New Jersey. Do we know who that is?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Had a relative talk to Dresser recently. Said he sounded optimistic but JP is playing it conservative as far a summer workouts are allowed compared to UNI and ToE. The guys are currently working out in some barn up by Gilbert. KD himself didn’t seem worried about Covid.

Side note, he also said KD briefly raved about a recruit or something from New Jersey. Do we know who that is?

"The Barn", where legends are made

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA

I am guessing it is Zach Redding from New York. Lot of hype on him.

However, Jacob Perez-Eli was a late addition from New Jersey.

Reactions: JM4CY

cywr89

May 14, 2009

Shane Griffin is from NJ...just saying

Help Support Us

Become a patron