I Can't Believe I Missed The Game...

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
So, I missed last nights game. I didn't see a second of it. I didn't look at my phone to check the score or check Twitter. I guess I just didn't have a shred of interest. ISU's exit and OU's Final Four showing burned me out of college basketball.

Ugh.

This seems like it was a "Where were you when..." type of game. And. I. Missed. It. Honestly the reason I didn't watch was to give my girlfriend a "sports rest". With baseball season upon us I didn't want to press my luck and burn her out too quickly. Yup, I blame her (but not to her face, of course).

Has there been a classic that you missed?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We had no interest in either team, and our pool ended when the last team anyone had remaining in their picks bent over for Nova on Saturday, so we decided to watch a movie instead. When the movie ended, we turned to the game. Hellacious ending. Not sure how much I care about missing the early portion of the game. :)

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I wasn't really planning on watching, but I had nothing else to do. Really glad I ended up watching the whole thing.

As for where were you moments that I missed? My worst was Seneca's run against Tech. I was at the game, but went to the concession stand to get a funnel cake. Heard a huge roar from the crowd when I was in line. If I could go back in time and ***** slap my high school self for doing that, I would.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I had no interest after the ISU season ended.

If you didn't watch Nova won and Iowa was declared third best team.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Was flipping back in forth between that and the Cubs game. Glad I flipped over with .47 Seconds to go. Great stuff.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
We were in the stands for Seneca's run. We were in the stands for the 2011 OSU game. We've been at most of the MBB highlight games over the past 15 years.

There are two games I regret missing - the game against Kansas last year (had a family get-together that we couldn't miss, so found a taker for our tickets. The other was the NYE game in 2013. Not because it was a monster game, but because of the emotional impact of the loss of Johnny Orr that day.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I didn't know many people my freshman year and my brother's friends were all older, so I spent several Saturday's in my door room reading my C++ book instead of drinking beer and tail gaiting. WTF freshman Durangocy?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Back in the early 90's the Bulls were playing at Utah. I was a teenager then and I was sent to bed. The game ended up going into like 3 OT's and Jordan got ejected in the last overtime.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Also I was a student at ISU at the time of the FSU game. I had a front row seat right in the corner where Seneca "scored" was I right there at that moment, no. My mom paranoid that I might get abducted had me go meet her and my aunt and uncle at their seats (in the upper upper deck of Arrowhead). Still ****** off over that one.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Did not watch. Refuse to watch the Fraud Heels. Might watch them if they play ISU but no other games until the NCAA does something about their academic cheatin' *****. Probably means I'll never watch them again cause the NCAA is going to do absolutely nothing.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I was watching Jake Arrieta strike out Mike Trout. I have no regrets.

IsuStu

May 7, 2014
Wesley
1995. First football game my freshman year against Ohio which was the coming out party for Troy Davis. It was a Thursday night game and the Clones ended a long losing steak. While my buddies were helping throw a goalpost in Lake Laverne I was sitting in a biology lab doing some lab assignment about damn fruit flies. All these years later I still regret missing that game and my roommate still rubs it in my face.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Too bad for the people that missed it. Probably the best national title game I will ever see. They usually are duds.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Luckily I turned it on for the last minute.

As far as missed, this might sound weird, but we weren't able to make it up for the Ice Bowl vs KU in 2013 because my sister-in-law was in labor and we had family in town. I really wish I could have been there for it.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Luckily I turned it on for the last minute.

As for as missed, this might sound weird, but we weren't able to make it up for the Ice Bowl vs KU in 2013 because my sister-in-law was in labor and we had family in town. I really wish I could have been there for it.

It was a blast!

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
It was a blast!

tumblr_nfn41jc8ZK1tq4of6o1_500.gif