Huge recruiting win

alkaline33

Mar 23, 2011
Just have to say -- tonight's win should be a huge recruiting asset. I've always known that we can beat the "big boys", but beating a blue chip team on a national stage is twice as sweet. Hoping recruits will see this as further evidence that you can succeed at the highest levels in Ames.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Just have to say -- tonight's win should be a huge recruiting asset. I've always known that we can beat the "big boys", but beating a blue chip team on a national stage is twice as sweet. Hoping recruits will see this as further evidence that you can succeed at the highest levels in Ames.

I hope Mr. Mason was watching tonight

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
I hope he who $hall not be named tonight was watching and regretting taking the ea$y money.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I hope he who $hall not be named tonight was watching and regretting taking the ea$y money.
I guarantee he was. And I hope he has a weird feeling in the pit of his stomach like he was thinking, "did I make a mistake? ....yep, I did..."

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas

Thought the same thing, win or lose it was good to play UNC and be close. Winning is much better though, signals a changing of the guard. Started the season beating Michigan, ending it beating KU and UNC. It's a blue blood bath this season, and UCONN is next up.

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Seen lots of recruits talking about tonight's game on twitter. Anthony Lee, Grandstaff, Nick Noskowiak, and I'm sure there are others. Iowa State is truly becoming a national power and I'm loving it.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
LOI hasn't been signed yet...

This is huge for the 2015 class. Fred is on the cusp of a big time high school recruit. Then the flood gates will open!

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Watched the game with a casual college BB fan, marginal Iowa fan because of proximity and his wife (a grad). Good guy, he mentioned Marcus Paige "Iowa Mr. Basketball, man!" I said "well, would you rather have Iowa or Michigan's Mr. Basketball"? "Duh, Michigan, man!". He walked right into it, let him off the hook there by telling him about Monte.

:wink:

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Matt Abdelmassih going back to the city! Gotta love the fact our NYC recruiter will be there with the rest of the team.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Thought the same thing, win or lose it was good to play UNC and be close. Winning is much better though, signals a changing of the guard. Started the season beating Michigan, ending it beating KU and UNC. It's a blue blood bath this season, and UCONN is next up.
If we "end it" by beating Michigan again, I won't complain.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

we win. clear we don't want his "mentor"

Oh yeah, he definitely watched.
I guarantee he was. And I hope he has a weird feeling in the pit of his stomach like he was thinking, "did I make a mistake? ....yep, I did..."

##prostyleoffense

That's funny. What a bonehead move that's going to turn out to be.
yup "i'm feeling them strong" haha
Matt Abdelmassih going back to the city! Gotta love the fact our NYC recruiter will be there with the rest of the team.
whoop whoop!

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
This is so much bigger than Vaughn. Forget about him.

There is so much talent out there who will be exposed to ISU in MSG vs. UCONN. I'm so pumped for this game.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I looked it up because I was curious. According to Rivals:

North Carolina's roster has two five-star and seven four-star recruits.

ISU has zero five-star, three four-star (two without Georges Niang), and six three-star recruits.

Oh and ISU's starting center today, Daniel Edozie, was a no-star recruit.