Hubalek

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Sitting 6 rows behind Coach Mac it is obvious that Jiri drives him up the wall with some of his decisions. I could see steam coming out of his ears when he banked in that three and when he missed multiple easy shots.

We still are stuck with Crappy Jiri.... However.. im conifident we will see JH get back into better form within a few weeks.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Call him crappy Jiri if you want, but the last couple of games he's putting up better overall numbers than anybody else considering minutes played. I sat on the floor last night and thought Jiri was playing hard, especially on the boards. I know Mac is obvious with the frustration he shows with Jiri, but maybe he sees how much potential is there and is trying to get more out of him.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007
Woo we won, scored a season high points and played some pretty good overall ball!
Now that that's out of the way, let us proceed to rag on another player, after just last week everyone professing their disgust for those that rip on the players on this board, saying it's definitely not the "majority of Cyclone fans," and getting informed that Jiri and others frequent this board often. Glad you guys are backing up your statements. Or maybe you are that minority that likes tearing down our athletes.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Need a chill pill?

I really don't see a lot of tearing down players.

It's a fact that Jiri is under performing. I do think his foot is still bothering him, but clearly his discipline and attitude on the court is lacking.

It's not ripping on him, it's a fact. The coaches have said it themselves in so many words.

If folks were tearing him down, calling for his scholarship (it's been done before), looking forward to him being gone, etc - you'd have a case. That's not happening here.

Last edited:

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
It seems like Jiri takes more than his share of shots on the board, that seems evident just from reading some of the ones from today alone. I know Mac has always shown more frustration with Jiri, and I think it's his method to try to get more out of him. Alex can routinely screw up and not get the same scolding from Mac. Mac was all over Jiri last year and it seemed to work in the conference, so maybe Jiri needs to get mad to play better. Whatever it is, he seems to play well in most conference games, so maybe it's the better competition. I haven't heard that Jiri has a bad attitude from our coaches, and as for discipline, all of our bigs have taken ill-advised 3's lately, and at least Jiri has hit his last two. I seem to find myself defending him because it's hard to deny he seems to get more criticism than the other players on this board, and imo it's not accurate or fair most of the time.

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
Greg said in his post game conference that he has given Jiri alot of latitude in shot selection......Greg's problem with the three pointer was that Jiri shot it within the 1st 10 sec of the shot clock, up by 20 points ( and with ISU's overall pct on 3's this year he said he would have been upset if anyone would have taken it).....Not smart Basketbal...playing with a lead

Greg also stated that if is was the last 10 sec of the shot clock, your feet and shoulders are square to the basket, fire away..... Greg let Jiri know right away that this was not acceptable.....

Once again Greg always teaches, coaches, and plays the percentages of good fundemental thinking and playing the game of basketball....

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron