How many thought Chizik was a daydream?

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
At first I didn't think we had a chance at Chizik. Why would the best coaching prospect in the country want to come to ISU? But, Pollard worked his magic. I thought some of you guys were dreaming about Chizik.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I asked my wife to pinch me this morning.

Still in awe over a guy that is 0-0 as a head coach.

Couldn't be happier though.

JordanHXC

Apr 1, 2006
Omaha
people say the same thing about my wife when they meet her....way out of my league :) but like jamie, i pulled off the big hire...

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Theres nothing wrong with outkicking your coverage and marrying a woman hotter than you deserve. Speaking of which, who saw Jonna Chizik?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
DREAM COMPARISON:
1. I thought Kelley was a bad pipe dream.
2. I thought Harbaugh was puffing on a big stogie cigar.
3. I thought Brewster was a Lucky Strike at the bowling lanes.
4. I thought Chizik was having a prime rib steak dinner at Michael Jordans in Chicago.
5. I thought Ditka was a day old dream.
6. I thought Loney was yesterday's child dream.
7. I thought Kragthorpe was a mountain climbing dream.

Give me the steak dinner.

Big12Fan

Nov 24, 2006
Davenport
Sunday when I heard Kelly's name I was so disappointed. Then Monday arrived and it was so uplifting, so unbelievable. I could not stop smiling! It was great to hear the Administration backing the AD and the two of them wanting a successful program. I am definitely getting a season ticket this year, instead of buying single tickets. I want to show Pollard and the team that I am behind them. This is HUGE! Always a Cyclone, no matter what!

dsouth

Nov 24, 2006
i don't think it is any coincidence getting coaches with strong family values and young kids. ames and iowa have a lot to offer in terms of security, ect. it is a great place for kids to grow up. the comment coach chizik made that resonated with me the most, was in response to what kind of offense and defense will you employ in the q and a. he said he didnt know yet, as he has to assess his players and suit his system to the talent. (paraphrasing here) not this is my system and this is what we will do, more like this is what i have and what do i need to do to win with it.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
i don't think it is any coincidence getting coaches with strong family values and young kids. ames and iowa have a lot to offer in terms of security, ect. it is a great place for kids to grow up.

I totally agree with this statement. People talk about what a hard sell it is to come to Ames, but for a younger coach with school aged kids, it's a great environment for their family. Many of our most recent, high profile and successful coaches had school aged kids - I graduated with Tim Floyd's daughter, my brother was in the class with Bill Fennely's son, Eustachy, McCarney and now Chizik all have/had kids in the Ames community. The fact that all of them have won here just made it that much better. When Floyd took the Chicago job during our senior year, his wife and daughter stayed in Ames to finish school and because they liked living there. I work close enough to Ames that I could commute, but the only reason I don't is that my parents still live there - I needed to get away from the folks after living there for 24 years. I would love to live in Ames again, especially since I have a daughter now.