How many have son(s)/daughter(s) at ISU?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Yes, she did - it was a tough decision - but she loved ISU & home is where the heart is, right?!:)

Good to hear. Grinnell is the only school in the state I'd recommend over ISU and that's ONLY for someone planning on grad school. But I do understand situations (like nursing) where it's not feasible.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
My worst nightmare. Giving money to U of Douche

My boys are all many years off from school choices. Right now my oldest would choose MIT over anything else. If he does stay in state, ISU would probably be a better choice for engineering though. Middle kid wants to be a geologist or a chef. Or a rock chef maybe? He's got 9 more years though.

Oh and the baby has an impressive wardrobe of ISU gear, but we'll work on getting him talking more before we commit to any schools.

Doctor said he might get up to 6'5 though so maybe a future ISU athlete.

Reactions: aauummm

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Son graduated with a degree in Computer Engineering, and daughter will graduate in May from the school of Design. Will be hard to pry them away from ISU and central Iowa. Wife would buy a house there if I would let her.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
My worst nightmare. Giving money to U of Douche

Nah, just because the fans are hawkroaches doesn't mean the school is bad...

I'd be happy to send my boys to UI.

I have told them though, that UNL is out of the question. That is a gigantic waste of time and money.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Nah, just because the fans are hawkroaches doesn't mean the school is bad...

I'd be happy to send my boys to UI.

I have told them though, that UNL is out of the question. That is a gigantic waste of time and money.

If they really want to be doctors or lawyers, I would consent to Iowa. But they better not talk **** about the Cyclones.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
My eldest daughter, who is a senior in HS, just made the decision a few weeks back to attend ISU next Fall. She had been accepted at Grinnell College and another private school in Ohio, but ultimately chose ISU over them! As an ISU alumnus, I am especially excited about the outcome of her decision (and it was totally hers, btw). So, I wondered how many of you CF'ers have kids at ISU & what's been their experience so far?
My oldest is also a senior this year. He will be attending ISU in the fall.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
My oldest daughter is just finishing up her first year of college. She wants to be a PA or nurse practicioner(however you spell that) and ISU didn't have a program so she went to Mercy College in Des Moines. Then she finds out not long after school started that ISU was starting up a Nursing program this coming year so now is wondering if she should transfer up there. I think for now she is good where she is at but ya never know.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
My eldest daughter, who is a senior in HS, just made the decision a few weeks back to attend ISU next Fall. She had been accepted at Grinnell College and another private school in Ohio, but ultimately chose ISU over them! As an ISU alumnus, I am especially excited about the outcome of her decision (and it was totally hers, btw). So, I wondered how many of you CF'ers have kids at ISU & what's been their experience so far?

Impressive.
giphy.gif

Reactions: kentkel

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
If they really want to be doctors or lawyers, I would consent to Iowa. But they better not talk **** about the Cyclones.
They'll have to start somewhere though...plenty of physicians and lawyers have done ISU undergrads. They can keep it going!

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
They'll have to start somewhere though...plenty of physicians and lawyers have done ISU undergrads. They can keep it going!

Yep. I have a dentist friend who did undergrad at ISU< and then went to Iowa. But he has his Criner Clone tattoo of course.

Reactions: weR138

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
Two sons in Civil Engineering at ISU. Both very happy with their decisions. The eldest graduated and has a real job. Current undergrad is in the Honors Program. He highly recommends it, if she wants to be challenged outside of books/lectures.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm and kentkel
D

Deleted member 8507

So, I wondered how many of you CF'ers have kids at ISU & what's been their experience so far?
My oldest is a Junior at ISU and is almost as big of a Cyclone sports fan as me. My youngest is attending ISU orientation in June and will be there in August. She on the other hand is all about academics and could care less about sports. Both were their independent decision to attend ISU but I sure didn't attempt to talk them out of it.

Reactions: aauummm and kentkel

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
No, kids, but I do have younger siblings.

Sister is going to graduate from Kirkwood in May (yes, she is an idiot).
One brother (soph in HS) apparently wants to go to ISU and do exactly what I did/do (I chuckled when I heard that, he is the smartest of all 4 of us, I hope he has higher goals. Youngest brother (fresh in HS) not really sure what his plans on, stay home and be a mama's boy his whole life?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
No, kids, but I do have younger siblings.

Sister is going to graduate from Kirkwood in May (yes, she is an idiot).
One brother (soph in HS) apparently wants to go to ISU and do exactly what I did/do (I chuckled when I heard that, he is the smartest of all 4 of us, I hope he has higher goals. Youngest brother (fresh in HS) not really sure what his plans on, stay home and be a mama's boy his whole life?

Strive to be better than cmjh. Seems like a noble goal.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
My oldest daughter is just finishing up her first year of college. She wants to be a PA or nurse practicioner(however you spell that) and ISU didn't have a program so she went to Mercy College in Des Moines. Then she finds out not long after school started that ISU was starting up a Nursing program this coming year so now is wondering if she should transfer up there. I think for now she is good where she is at but ya never know.
My daughter was pissed when she found out they would have nursing about 2 years later than she needed. Reminded of me when they raised the drinking age to 21 shortly before I turned 19.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91