How Long Does Jantz Play Friday

JAFO

Oct 3, 2010
Iowa
I watched the game. I believe Sam earned the start next week. After his performance on the field, I don't see how another QB could start.

JAFO

Oct 3, 2010
Iowa
As far as fickle, I am very willing to give Sam the same latitude for mistakes that SJ and JB have been given by the coaches. He will have his mistakes. I saw a QB run the ISU offense more effectively than I have seen in a long time. ISU's offense actually looked dangerous last night.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
As far as fickle, I am very willing to give Sam the same latitude for mistakes that SJ and JB have been given by the coaches. He will have his mistakes. I saw a QB run the ISU offense more effectively than I have seen in a long time. ISU's offense actually looked dangerous last night.

Not quibbling with that at all, though I will point out that he often had time to fix a sandwich while he was in the pocket. Maybe a couple, and passed them around to his linemen--because Sam was sure eating KU's lunch.

What I have an issue with is the people bashing Steele.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I watched the game. I believe Sam earned the start next week. After his performance on the field, I don't see how another QB could start.
Hold on everyone, someone has watched the game.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Not quibbling with that at all, though I will point out that he often had time to fix a sandwich while he was in the pocket. What I have an issue with is the people bashing Steele.

Yep, Sam's performance was great, but there is no need to supplement that with stating JB or Steele would have had poor games.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Not quibbling with that at all, though I will point out that he often had time to fix a sandwich while he was in the pocket. Maybe a couple, and passed them around to his linemen--because Sam was sure eating KU's lunch.

What I have an issue with is the people bashing Steele.
I like sandwiches

JAFO

Oct 3, 2010
Iowa
I don't post a lot, but do have season tickets. I cheered Steele for every positive play and every win. I groaned when the turnovers occurred. I did the same for Jared. I have not yet had to groan at Sam. He may play many turnover-free games. I know Steele is 2-0 against Iowa. His first ISU-Iowa game was a beautiful hard-fought win. Steele turned in a great clutch performance. I know Jared's great games (OSU) and won't forget them. I don't hate one and love another. The QB's and all other players I see put their heart and soul into it and want to be great and attempt to be each game.

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Jantz starts the season, sucks gets benched.
Barnett has a great game against TCU, then sucks, gets benched.
Jantz starts again against Baylor plays well, then sucks gets benched.
Richardson plays well against Kansas....

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Jantz starts the season, sucks gets benched.
Barnett has a great game against TCU, then sucks, gets benched.
Jantz starts again against Baylor plays well, then sucks gets benched.
Richardson plays well against Kansas....

Richardson's first start would be WVU...so you should expect good things.

Help Support Us

Become a patron