How do you order at Subway

How do you order at Subway?

• Type of bread, then type of sandwich

Votes: 36 27.1%
  • Type of sandwich on type of bread

Votes: 94 70.7%
  • They know me so well, they start making the sandwich when I walk in the door

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
#1 I eat a lot at subway because I can get a 6 inch sandwich that contains about 300 calories.

#2 I hate people that just walk up and say "put everything on it". Really? You really like everything they have to offer? My guess is a lot of these people get everything because it's free and they think they are pulling one over on Subway.

#3 I like JJ more but Subway is walking distance downtown.

#4 If you don't eat at Subway, why post on here about Subway?

#5 I order sandwich, size, bread, and then say no cheese/no toast. I figure they're smart enough to figure out that order.

Last edited:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I just feel awkward ordering bread first. "I'll have a footlong buffalo chicken on monterrey cheddar" flows better than "I'll have a footlong monterrey cheddar, buffalo chicken".

I just say "Can I get a footlong on wheat? *waits for them to grab bread* "It'll be a club."

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
I always used to go sandwich first, then bread...but I would always get asked to repeat what sandwich I wanted. So I switched it up; bread first, wait for them to ask what sandwich, then tell them.

While we're on the subject of Subway, it would be really nice if they could do something about customers walking out of their restaurants smelling like what they just ate. I don't know if there is a solution, but I never get that from JJ's or any other sub shop.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
For those of you that will not eat at Subway, where do you go for a fast meal to get quality food quickly? Just curious. I know fully well it is not health food, but compared to the other options out there, I think it is pretty good. You have way more control over the sodium, calorie and fat intake than going to McD, or Burger King.

The place I don't get is Quizno's. I don't think that their food is vastly superior to Subways and the sandwiches are expensive. Just a sub, chips and a drink was close to $10 the last time I went there.

Reactions: cyrevkah

BODWP

May 13, 2011
The place I don't get is Quizno's. I don't think that their food is vastly superior to Subways and the sandwiches are expensive. Just a sub, chips and a drink was close to $10 the last time I went there.

Exactly why so many have recently closed.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
i understand naming the bread first but in no other situation is this normal. in spanish, where the noun comes before the adjective it would be, but no one orders an "onion bun with a medium burger" from hickory park or "bowl, burrito with chicken" from chipotle. why is it acceptable at subway?
but yeah, their bread is always crusty for me with tiny portions of meant. sub city for the win.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I say type of sandwich on what type of bread and the people in line behind me give me weird looks. The 3rd option applies to me also

It starts by saying 'No ******* way I am eating Subway' when someone suggests it and then getting something else and then being thankful I am not eating their slimy meat.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
I get ****** because nobody ever knows how to make it look like the picture or tv and there is no recipe guide : dressings/toppings/cheeses/etc

I just want it to look like the picture dammit!!! No one ever knows how, and when I try to make it, the sandwich looks nothing like it.

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
I just say "Can I get a footlong on wheat? *waits for them to grab bread* "It'll be a club."

I think that ways to risky.. If I were working at subway and a girl came in asking for a footlong on wheat I would unzip the pants as I'm going to grab the bread. So that would be just awkward to turn around with a loaf of bread and unzipped pants only to hear her say "It'll be a club". Never leave the sandwich maker guessing

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

i actually do this too. i always get two sandwiches and so i let them know ahead of time that way they get both breads out at once. *we only go there because i get free coupons all the time.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Wow I didn't know that many people hated Subway. By no means at the top of my list but don't have a burning hatred for them or anything.

SpiderClone

Jan 17, 2014
Somewhat related:

[video=youtube;6YDTfEhChgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YDTfEhChgw&feature=kp[/video]

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Wow I didn't know that many people hated Subway. By no means at the top of my list but don't have a burning hatred for them or anything.

It's a popular chain, therefore a certain percentage of people will go out of their way to trash it. It's just like anything else that has gained a sizeable foothold in the culture (music, movies, food, etc.), that sect is always incredibly predictable.

I do find it funny when people complain about the quality of food at Subway though. It's a $5 dollar fast food sub chain, what in the hell do you expect? It's like complaining that McDonald's isn't serving up Kobe beef on their Big Mac.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
I get ****** because nobody ever knows how to make it look like the picture or tv and there is no recipe guide : dressings/toppings/cheeses/etc

I just want it to look like the picture dammit!!! No one ever knows how, and when I try to make it, the sandwich looks nothing like it.

Im going to go ahead, and guess you didn't graduate with a degree in marketing…

Just playing, but they do make it look a lot better than that mess of a sandwich you get when they wrap it all up and put it in the sack..

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Speaking of Subway, what the hell is up with that new enchilada sub with Fritos??? #1, why would I want an enchilada on my sub? #2, why would I put Fritos on my enchilada sub?