How do we get them all on the field?

stepha4

May 3, 2006
I read where I believe K-State was planning to run a base 4-2-5 defensive alignment this year. We're obviously stronger at D-back than we are at linebacker..........we appear to be 7 deep with Johnson, Benton, Banks, Bell, Sims, Smith and McDowell. Can any of these guys play linebacker...how do we get them all on the field?

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
CB Banks, LJ (TB/Devin in nickel)
S Sims, Smith. (Bell/Sandvig as backups.)

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I would be up for a 4-2-5 for most teams ISU would play against. I would NOT like to see this against Iowa and Army though based on the offenses they run. Ok St is a tough match up no matter what you play as they are the most balanced team in the Big 12.

Will the d-line hold up though? If they cannot, ISU is in trouble no matter what formations are being used.

Reactions: Erik4Cy

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I read where I believe K-State was planning to run a base 4-2-5 defensive alignment this year. We're obviously stronger at D-back than we are at linebacker..........we appear to be 7 deep with Johnson, Benton, Banks, Bell, Sims, Smith and McDowell. Can any of these guys play linebacker...how do we get them all on the field?

Am I having flashbacks or did I read that this is exactly what we're doing, too? In fact, I think I read one of the coaches (Wally?) say that we were going to run a 4-2-5 base with the exception of the first two or three games because of the types of offense those teams run.

LeSchmick

Dec 14, 2008
Urbandale

both are still terrible.

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
both are still terrible.
i wouldn't say the defensive backs are terrible. we have a freshman all-american in leonard johnson. we also have two pretty good safeties and kennard banks is a pretty good corner. the linebackers on the other hand...:no:

stepha4

May 3, 2006
.....you sound uneducated when you say our d-backs are terrible. We were bad last year partially because of scheme....at times we had some poor decisionmaking. No disrespect to Singleton and Hunley, but we're better because they've graduated as well. Our playmakers are in our secondary, hopefully our front 6 or 7 can put enough pressure on so that the d-backs can show their talent.