Homes for Sale in Ames

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
Is anybody know of any homes for sale in the Ames area?

Looking for 3 bedroom 2+ bath.
2 car garage
1500sqft+

I check online everyday, but you don't always get the FSBO.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
A friend of mine is a realtor in Ames and he's said that the market there has been pretty hot for the last year. He's sold a bunch of houses and has had more buyers than sellers for a long while. Good luck!

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Is anybody know of any homes for sale in the Ames area?

Looking for 3 bedroom 2+ bath.
2 car garage
1500sqft+

I check online everyday, but you don't always get the FSBO.

I feel like this Mark Charter guy could help you out...

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I just saw a FSBO ad in our weekly Ames paper. It was 4 bedroom, 3 bath 2 car garage on Poe (neighborhood south of Lincoln Way and just west off South Dakota). It may be more $ than what you are looking. We have friends who are realtors here in town nd the market is hot right now, especially with houses under $250. Not a lot of inventory. The house Coach McKnight had is still for sale which surprises me since it is in a desirable area. I haven't looked, maybe it is over priced.

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
I just saw a FSBO ad in our weekly Ames paper. It was 4 bedroom, 3 bath 2 car garage on Poe (neighborhood south of Lincoln Way and just west off South Dakota). It may be more $ than what you are looking. We have friends who are realtors here in town nd the market is hot right now, especially with houses under $250. Not a lot of inventory. The house Coach McKnight had is still for sale which surprises me since it is in a desirable area. I haven't looked, maybe it is over priced.

Which house did he have?

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Which house did he have?

They were on Weston Drive in North Ames. It looks like it is sale pending now. Not sure if it has been that way for awhile or maybe the sign for sale pending just went up and I haven't seen it yet.

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
Look in Gilbert I have 3 houses that fit with in 3 blocks of me that fit that description. One just went up on Jensen St.

CyenceAK

Mar 13, 2011
Have you checked out Zillow.com? It lists a lot of the FSBO on there. There's a 3 bed 4 bath on Vermont Circle that has been FSBO for quite a while now.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Have you checked out Zillow.com? It lists a lot of the FSBO on there. There's a 3 bed 4 bath on Vermont Circle that has been FSBO for quite a while now.
Sign up for the e-mail notifications when houses are listed. We listed ours last Sunday and had it sold last Tuesday.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
Get a realtor. You have nothing to lose on the buy-side. Also, they often know of homes before they are officially listed. Tom Randall is good. You can always still peruse the FSBO homes.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
You still lose commission. If the buyer wants X amount net on their house, adding realtors to the mix adds to the price of the house.

Wait, what? If you're the buyer, it's free! I didn't have to pay my realtor a cent when I bought my house, so I'm assuming they're just doing that work pro bono. :twitcy:

The line "using a buyer's agent doesn't cost you anything" is one of those things that just sets me off.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron