Homeland

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I think they bring Dar Adal and Quinn into play next season, with Quinn's struggle about what if he had shot Brody, while Carrie attempts to clear Brody's name.

Interestingly, Brody is the only one I could see actually being bad again of the current characters (he didn't actually ask Dana to come with). I think there will be a lot of evidence stacked against him this time, but ultimately he didn't do it. I'm sure the Walden thing will come out, via Saul guessing correctly in a conversation with Carrie.

The only thing I was really disappointed in was that Estes bit it, but I get it since he had more or less been neutralized by Quinn. I think the Quinn scene was necessary as the file on Saul had to be redacted so that he could be put in charge of the CIA next season. The only way to do that was to change Etes' mind somehow, and the Quinn scene was masterful. (and like I mentioned earlier, I think it's going to play a huge part in the next season).

Overall, I thought this season was spectacular. Tons of action and events occurred but were well organized to maintain the premise of the show (who is Brody?).

KCCLONE712

Jun 29, 2011
I think they bring Dar Adal and Quinn into play next season, with Quinn's struggle about what if he had shot Brody, while Carrie attempts to clear Brody's name.

Interestingly, Brody is the only one I could see actually being bad again of the current characters (he didn't actually ask Dana to come with). I think there will be a lot of evidence stacked against him this time, but ultimately he didn't do it. I'm sure the Walden thing will come out, via Saul guessing correctly in a conversation with Carrie.

The only thing I was really disappointed in was that Estes bit it, but I get it since he had more or less been neutralized by Quinn. I think the Quinn scene was necessary as the file on Saul had to be redacted so that he could be put in charge of the CIA next season. The only way to do that was to change Etes' mind somehow, and the Quinn scene was masterful. (and like I mentioned earlier, I think it's going to play a huge part in the next season).

Overall, I thought this season was spectacular. Tons of action and events occurred but were well organized to maintain the premise of the show (who is Brody?).

Are you saying Quinn is a bad guy, I think he is and the mole. I think he saw Brody praying and thought he may still be on his side and that is why he didn’t do anything.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Did they officially shoot down the Muslim American kid that works for the CIA, the one that they thought had hid Nazir in his trunk? He's been on the show since day 1. If he shows up next season i say it's him.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Are you saying Quinn is a bad guy, I think he is and the mole. I think he saw Brody praying and thought he may still be on his side and that is why he didn’t do anything.

I think that it's starting to point to Quinn as well. It was odd that he didn't shoot Brody until you might put it into context that he still has a patsy as a Muslim sympathizer who was undoubtedly going to the funeral.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I think the story with Quinn will be how he cares for Carrie, but may be assigned to kill Brody or even her after the last episode. (maybe he isn't assigned, but rather takes it on himself like he was about to do with Estes). More likely I see him trying to win Carrie over Brody since Brody's wife is basically out of the picture.

Not sure about the mole, but doubt that he or she will be Muslim Too predictable. It'll be someone who is greedy or has family in danger somehow...

Grantland has a great recap of the last episode/season:

Homeland Season 2, Episode 12: 'The Choice' - Hollywood Prospectus Blog - Grantland

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'm surprised no one is talking about the last episode. I sure didn't see that coming

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Have only seen seasons one and two and loved them. The show seems to lack for budget in comparison to Game of Thrones, and it is really far fetched at times, but the acting is awesome.

When I found out Saul was the guy from The Princess Bride it made me like it even more.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I'm surprised no one is talking about the last episode. I sure didn't see that coming

I wasn't all that surprised that Brody died. I feel like that was long over due. I actually somewhat expected him to be dead when Saul when to Columbia to get him. The love connection between him and Carried grew old with me. Especially since Carrie started the show as a BAMF but anytime Brody was brought up she turned into a puddle of goo. I'll be more interested to see if they bring Saul back next year or what role he'll play. He was by far my favorite character.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
That was a great ending episode and I love Homeland, but I think they should have just ended the series there. It would have been a perfect spot, and the episode felt like a series finale.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Anyone watch this still? Just watched the season finale......wtf!!!! Can't wait another 9 months for the show to come back on

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Season premiere was tonight. I'm about ready to watch it and am super pumped. This is top 5 show of all time for me and last season was one of the best. I'm kind of wondering what it will be like now that they are no longer in the middle east.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Just finished this show. Carrie is a gigantic piece of ****.