Homeland

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
OK, i didn't see a thread devoted to this show like Dexter...........but this has become my favorite show on TV. Anyone else been watching it, i think this season might goes down as one of the best seasons of any TV show.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
OK, i didn't see a thread devoted to this show like Dexter...........but this has become my favorite show on TV. Anyone else been watching it, i think this season might goes down as one of the best seasons of any TV show.

That's interesting. I loved the first season but lost interest a few episodes into this season. It just got too repetitive. Watch terrorist guy, blonde chick goes crazy, blonde chick bangs terrorist guy, is terrorist guy really bad or not? Tune in next episode...

Wife still watches it and is with you...she thinks it's fantastic. I may have to catch up.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
It is one of my favorite shows right now too. Will season 3 center on how big of a **** Estes is? Maybe another terrorist rises up later on? Saul Needs to hurry up and get to Carrie and Brody. The teaser for next week looked like it had a **** ton of stuff going on, almost too much for just one episode.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I just wish Carrie would have grabbed the reporter by the hair and slammed her head on the table.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I like how the terrorist kills an armed SEAL with a pocket knife, but a skinny blond chick gets away. Just saying, otherwise it's a good show.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
I like how the terrorist kills an armed SEAL with a pocket knife, but a skinny blond chick gets away. Just saying, otherwise it's a good show.

Yeah, that scene was really cheesy and predictable. He may as well have been wearing a red starfleet jumpsuit.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Great show. I think this season is better than the first. One thing that concerns me though is how horrible season one ended. With a huge thud. Hopefully they have a better ending to season 2.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Yeah, that scene was really cheesy and predictable. He may as well have been wearing a red starfleet jumpsuit.

And if I was that dude and had checked the tunnels multiple times and then suddenly find a secret door with a hidden room I would be getting the whole team there for back up before I went in...having an unarmed blonde chick as your only back up is no way to clear a secret hidden room...that's just black ops 101...

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I have only started watching Hom3land this season, and have really enjoyed it. Except for one thing. Claire Danes may be the ugliest mistress ever. Especially when she's "anguished" over something. Brody's wife is just plain hot, yet he's smitten with Carrie who just looks nasty. I would like to see more scenes where Brody's wife is naked.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Wow, that took me by surprise. All kinds of options now, I was really wondering how this was going to go on.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Wow, that took me by surprise. All kinds of options now, I was really wondering how this was going to go on.

I agree. I'm a little lost now as to who is pulling the strings. It's obviously not Estes, since he was blown up in the blast. Maybe it's Quinn, and that's why he didn't shoot Brody beside the lake? But then, why Quinn? Though Quinn would fit since he threatened Estes in his bedroom. Regardless, I think it's imperative that Jessica is naked again.

bc1379

Dec 13, 2008
Was Saul doing a Muslim prayer when he was there with the bodies right before Carrie walked back in? Seems like maybe he is the one pulling the strings. He was trying to keep Carrie away from Brody right before the bombing, he seemed to act very strange during the burial at sea.

He sure got back fast from that funeral.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Was Saul doing a Muslim prayer when he was there with the bodies right before Carrie walked back in? Seems like maybe he is the one pulling the strings. He was trying to keep Carrie away from Brody right before the bombing, he seemed to act very strange during the burial at sea.

He sure got back fast from that funeral.

He was doing a Muslim prayer. But he was also locked up in isolation under Estes orders for three days and was the one who was furious about any hit on Brody.

Heisenberg

Jun 30, 2012
He was doing a Muslim prayer. But he was also locked up in isolation under Estes orders for three days and was the one who was furious about any hit on Brody.

I read that it was not Arabic, it was the Jewish Kaddish prayer for the dead. And there is a 0% chance that Saul is a mole or in anyway a bad guy... he represents everything "good" in the show. He and Dana are basically moral compasses for Carrie and Brody.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Yeah that prayer was jewish. Saul tried to express that it was jewish by his jewish accent.

Heisenberg

Jun 30, 2012
But how awesome was Saul's grin at the very end of the show when he turned around and saw Carrie? Mandy Patinkin is fantastic.