Hoiberg on Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The two may not be related, but there's no question he traded a positive (loved in Ames by fans and media) to remove himself from a negative (didn't like dealing with recruiting). We'll see if the heat in Chicago also becomes something Fred can't stand.

I know he enjoys being able to do things now in Chicago and not being recognized by everyone and having to take a bunch of pictures

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I know he enjoys being able to do things now in Chicago and not being recognized by everyone and having to take a bunch of pictures

Most likely, but I'm sure he doesn't like hearing from the local press and national media that he's last on NBA coaching lists, let alone the critisim he has received from his own players. Probably not deserved, but it's reality for the situation he's now in.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Most likely, but I'm sure he doesn't like hearing from the local press and national media that he's last on NBA coaching lists, let alone the critisim he has received from his own players. Probably not deserved, but it's reality for the situation he's now in.

Pretty minimal compared to how much he hated recruiting