Hoiberg and Nebraska Basketball In Trouble

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Pretty sure they learned their lesson after not trying to use the Football violations to fire Frost for cause when they had the chance. I doubt they will make that same mistake with Fred.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
If you’re going to break the rules, you’d better win.

NU now has justification to tell the staff to take a hike.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
That was my first thought. Nebraska trying to find a way to fire him with cause.
I don't doubt the findings but I completely agree. This seems oddly convenient. Similar to their football violations from last year that came to light (improper use of analysts and consultants during practices and games).

It's almost like someone higher up is trying to pave a way for their athletic department to get out of these contracts.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Not surprising with Abdelmassih.

The real reason Pollard wasn't *that* upset Fred left and that Fred was never coming back to Ames.

The thing with Abdelmassih is he was not a great recruiter (in my opinion) even when throwing cash around.

He did land Royce White and DeAndre Kane and some of the more "minor" transfers.

Not sure he had much in terms of guys out of high school or prep school.

Those were mostly TJ guys.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’m going to assume these violations happened prior to NIL, but I could also see Matt being an absolute moron and not going through the proper procedures while “paying” players.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I love the Matt A bashing…as if Fred and the rest of the staff didn’t know what was going on.

Two rules as a coach:

1) have a guy do your dirty work
2) never communicate with that guy in writing
Yep. Thats why Coach Bell had Happy get Ricky Roe’s family that tractor. He had clean hands.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron