Hockey in central Iowa

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009

So it sounds like the new d league is going to have a true novice league and a just above novice league. They're also going to have an evaluation day included in your league enrollment time. That should make @Farnsworth and others more confident about being in the right league.

The old d league is still going to be there too. Have you heard much about what that's going to be like now, ghetto, or about how many people you think will be in each league?

ghettocowboy4cy

Oct 27, 2013
So it sounds like the new d league is going to have a true novice league and a just above novice league. They're also going to have an evaluation day included in your league enrollment time. That should make @Farnsworth and others more confident about being in the right league.

The old d league is still going to be there too. Have you heard much about what that's going to be like now, ghetto, or about how many people you think will be in each league?

There will be 12 teams split D2-4 Teams and D1- 8 I believe. Sign ups are online at DMYHA on Monday the 19th starting at 7.

ghettocowboy4cy

Oct 27, 2013
Also, the WAHL league has huge amounts of room in all of their league. The big upside to that is playing at Wells Fargo.

ghettocowboy4cy

Oct 27, 2013
ansicht_0001.png My team is doing a special set of jerseys that have an adoption theme. The jerseys will be open to the public for sale. The money will then be donated to the Iowa adoption foundation.

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Just signed my daughter up for Learn to Skate at Metro Ice in Johnston. Classes are Tuesdays from 5:30-6:30 and/or Sunday 3-4. You can pick either Tuesdays or Sundays, or you can do both - that's where you get the most value. My daughter took her first skating class this past summer and had a blast. If you're looking to get your kids introduced to the ice I strongly recommend getting them in this class. Link to the web site:

http://events.r20.constantcontact.c...dk=a07eehgeu3nb248f42b&llr=kzavfhnab&framed=1

Now, I need some advice from current skaters: where is the best place in the DM metro to find used figure skates?