Higgins Suing Kentucky Sports Radio

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not a fan of Higgins but posting someone's home and business address and information is below the belt. Encouraging people to use it is totally classless. I hope they stick it to them.

That being said, there should be a way that officials are held more accountable in a bit more public way so that frustrations don't lead to people being tempted to doing stupid crap like this - or worse.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
The guy has a right to not be harassed in his other business, but the lawsuit seems like a reach.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The guy has a right to not be harassed in his other business, but the lawsuit seems like a reach.
That was my thought, and like Velo said the fact that Jones posted the information is BS, and probably why Higgins is going after them. But I think there is a reason KSR doesn't seem too worried about it.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Didn’t an Iowa Hawkeye radio station realeased the names of all the refs from the north Texas game? Of course it wasn’t as bad because they never gave out their addresses. Still a scummy thing to do pretty much calling fans to harass the refs for a game they won.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Didn’t an Iowa Hawkeye radio station realeased the names of all the refs from the north Texas game? Of course it wasn’t as bad because they never gave out their addresses. Still a scummy thing to do pretty much calling fans to harass the refs for a game they won.

That was Scott Dochrerman. You know, a "Journalist" who covers Iowa. Real classy of the dude.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'm shocked he's only asking for $75,000.

A sheriff's investigator in Sarpy County, where Higgins' business is located, said in April that he had identified 450 phone calls or messages and another 200-300 messages on social media or in emails that were "of a threatening nature."

The threats are terrible, but the bad business reviews may be the thing that gets them in the end. This sounds similar to that wedding photographer case a few months ago where the couple went on a social media campaign to defame her. The jury in that case sided with the wedding photographer and made the couple pay over $1 million in restitution. My guess is the radio station eventually settles.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I know that collegiate sports is big business but c'mon, it's still just a game... people get a life!
I hope he wins the suit and they give him everything he's asking for and more to show these a-holes you can't do that just because you have a mic in front of your face.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I know that collegiate sports is big business but c'mon, it's still just a game... people get a life!
I hope he wins the suit and they give him everything he's asking for and more to show these a-holes you can't do that just because you have a mic in front of your face.
You ever been to Kentucky??

Help Support Us

Become a patron