Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
First time in Jack Trice in a few years. So does the ticket on phone thing work well around Jack Trice? I know phone connection is not very good and I am wondering if I will have problems when trying to get into the game on Saturday? I guess you can't print tickets out on Ticketmaster anymore. You also can't screenshot your tickets either anymore.
Calling @BCClone

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
First time in Jack Trice in a few years. So does the ticket on phone thing work well around Jack Trice? I know phone connection is not very good and I am wondering if I will have problems when trying to get into the game on Saturday? I guess you can't print tickets out on Ticketmaster anymore. You also can't screenshot your tickets either anymore.

I’d make sure you download it or have it in your Apple wallet before you get to JTS. If you try to do it there it will take ages

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Actually we have been remiss to not mention the greatest of Cyclone game day FB bars the Tip Top Lounge. Still going strong after all these yrs. Wall to wall Cyclones a.m. game day. Everyone should experience it at least once.

Reactions: nrg4isu

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I've got a couple buddies that have never been to a game in Ames and I thought I'd take 'em out to Hickory Park before the game on Saturday. With kickoff at 6:30, how early should we figure on getting to HP so we can still make the game on time? I normally do a little tailgating on my own before the game, but I figured I'd give these guys a treat. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

For some reason I'm curious how this all played out.

Did you make it to HP? How was it? Get some tailgating in too?

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois

I went around 1pm. I used their Yelp app waitlist deal and was seated within minutes of getting there. I believe the wait would have been around 30 minutes otherwise. Food was above average, but nothing outstanding (as usual). Saw a family wearing Texas gear a few tables away.

stender

Jan 26, 2020
We drove in from CR. Used online wait list. It said 15-25 minutes, so once we got on west side of Marshalltown (around 3:00), I put our name in. Worked out perfectly! We walked in and were #1 on wait list. Seated within 5 minutes.

Agree with earlier post - seemed to be short staffed. A lot of available seating.

Reactions: exCYtable

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA

Yeah, everything worked out great! About 15-20 minute wait when we showed up a bit after 2. They loved it, got out and had a few hours to tailgate and "hydrate."

We just couldn't get over how awesome the weather was leading up to and during the game. Both buddies had a great time and enjoyed themselves. So mission accomplished!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron